Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Swimming Pool

There are pipes above the ground leading to the cholorinator and other things. Anyway, one is leaking a little ... there is an "indentation" a little larger than a bottle cap - bleached white - and I know it's caused by a leak. The spot was dry when I was out there - and I think I saw a drop fall off where two pipes are joined together.

Question: Is there a chance I could wrap tape around it and stop it from getting bigger? Or should I go ahead and call someone to come look at it now before it gets bigger. Have no idea what caused it...I don't use that cholorinator - I use the kind of container that floats in the pool with tablets in it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:31:50 PM UTC-4, Dottie wrote:
There are pipes above the ground leading to the cholorinator and other things. Anyway, one is leaking a little ... there is an "indentation" a little larger than a bottle cap - bleached white - and I know it's caused by a leak. The spot was dry when I was out there - and I think I saw a drop fall off where two pipes are joined together.

Question: Is there a chance I could wrap tape around it and stop it from getting bigger? Or should I go ahead and call someone to come look at it now before it gets bigger. Have no idea what caused it...I don't use that cholorinator - I use the kind of container that floats in the pool with tablets in it.

I went back and looked again .. and discovered that what I thought was a hole made by dripping water was a hole made by something else. I have moles all over the yard, digging and making "runways". There was the little hole under the pipes and then a about a foot further down there were some other little holes ... no pipe to leak. I am pretty sure that the hole is not caused by a drip. And I sure am relieved to see that. Don't know what I will do about the moles - not much I can do. I live in an area where the weather has been really dry...and the grass is dying. Thanks for trying.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dottie,

Cats eat moles.

Dave M.
Posted to alt.home.repair
JAS JAS is offline

David L. Martel wrote:
Dottie,

Cats eat moles.

Dave M.

I have 2 outside cats and every morning the are sitting out on our patio
howling until I go out and they show me there moles--then the proceed to
eat them but not before they get me out there. Animals are funny creatures.

JAS