Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MUD IN Swimming pool

Hello there,
I recently had a mudside in my yard and the mud travelled into my vinyl
liner swimming pool. The mud has turned the water into a deep brown
sort of like a mud pie. I left the filter running all night and
backwashed it this morning what came out was brown water. I tried
vaccuming but its very ineffective because I cannot see the bottom of
the pool. Are there any suggestions? Thankyou in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

I recently had a mudside in my yard and the mud travelled into my vinyl
liner swimming pool. The mud has turned the water into a deep brown
sort of like a mud pie. I left the filter running all night and
backwashed it this morning what came out was brown water. I tried
vaccuming but its very ineffective because I cannot see the bottom of
the pool. Are there any suggestions? Thankyou in advance.

1. Buy a Kreepy Krauler and let it vacuum the
pool for hours and hours, backwashing from time
to time to clean the filter. . . .
2. Get expert advice if your pool store is truly
expert. When I had a nonidentical but similar
problem the advice was to reduce pH levels to
5, vacuum intensively, then rebalance pH later.
It worked, and I was pleased by the KK as well.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Phillipson wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

if there is a lot of solid paticles in the water a vacuum with cloth
filter bag will help considerably. It will take out the big particles
and save your filter from a lot of work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Don Phillipson wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

neraly forgot, if there is a layer of mud in the bottom , set up a
vacuum and pump straight to waste, it will be easier to refill a foot
to 18" of water than it would be to clean it through the filter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello there,
I recently had a mudside in my yard and the mud travelled into my vinyl
liner swimming pool. The mud has turned the water into a deep brown
sort of like a mud pie. I left the filter running all night and
backwashed it this morning what came out was brown water. I tried
vaccuming but its very ineffective because I cannot see the bottom of
the pool. Are there any suggestions? Thankyou in advance.

Hello (whatever your name is)

Centrifugal water pumps and mud are not compatible. Impellers don't care
much for mud. I worked for years as a industrial mechanic and we had to
clean giant cooling towers. These towers became dirty with 4 to 10 inches
of mud (approximately.) I say mud but it was like a mud soup. Many
different pumps were used and many of them failed. Finally they switched to
"sludge-pumps" and the problem was over. Since you said that the water is
so muddy that you can't see the bottom I can only assume that you have a lot
of mud in your pool. Do yourself and your pool equipment a favor and go to
a rental yard and rent a sludge pump. Many sludge pumps are gasoline or air
(pneumatic) driven and use a diaphragm to pump debris and sludge. They can
move sludge like no other pump can.

Jeb

Posted to alt.home.repair

All that mud will also screw up the chlorine load. When you can begin to see
the bottom start shocking the pool to reestablish the chlorine level. May
have to be done several times

A flocculant might help

it might also help to vaccuum to waste instead of having all that dirt go
thru the filter. Replace any water lost with clean water.