DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Swimming Pool (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/373173-swimming-pool.html)

Dottie August 5th 14 06:31 PM

Swimming Pool

There are pipes above the ground leading to the cholorinator and other things. Anyway, one is leaking a little ... there is an "indentation" a little larger than a bottle cap - bleached white - and I know it's caused by a leak. The spot was dry when I was out there - and I think I saw a drop fall off where two pipes are joined together.

Question: Is there a chance I could wrap tape around it and stop it from getting bigger? Or should I go ahead and call someone to come look at it now before it gets bigger. Have no idea what caused it...I don't use that cholorinator - I use the kind of container that floats in the pool with tablets in it.

Dottie August 5th 14 11:40 PM

Swimming Pool

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:31:50 PM UTC-4, Dottie wrote:
There are pipes above the ground leading to the cholorinator and other things. Anyway, one is leaking a little ... there is an "indentation" a little larger than a bottle cap - bleached white - and I know it's caused by a leak. The spot was dry when I was out there - and I think I saw a drop fall off where two pipes are joined together.

Question: Is there a chance I could wrap tape around it and stop it from getting bigger? Or should I go ahead and call someone to come look at it now before it gets bigger. Have no idea what caused it...I don't use that cholorinator - I use the kind of container that floats in the pool with tablets in it.

I went back and looked again .. and discovered that what I thought was a hole made by dripping water was a hole made by something else. I have moles all over the yard, digging and making "runways". There was the little hole under the pipes and then a about a foot further down there were some other little holes ... no pipe to leak. I am pretty sure that the hole is not caused by a drip. And I sure am relieved to see that. Don't know what I will do about the moles - not much I can do. I live in an area where the weather has been really dry...and the grass is dying. Thanks for trying.

David L. Martel[_2_] August 5th 14 11:55 PM

Swimming Pool

Dottie,

Cats eat moles.

Dave M.

JAS August 6th 14 01:02 AM

Swimming Pool

David L. Martel wrote:
Dottie,

Cats eat moles.

Dave M.

I have 2 outside cats and every morning the are sitting out on our patio
howling until I go out and they show me there moles--then the proceed to
eat them but not before they get me out there. Animals are funny creatures.

JAS