Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Discount Appliance dealers?

My 45" Jennair cooktop is 32 years old and looks a bit tired. A new one from
Sears costs $ 1300 plus shipping. I was shocked at the high price because it
is really only the shell of the cooktop. Maybe I am out of touch with
appliance prices. Does anyone know of any discount outlets for things like
cook tops? I am looking for a Jenn-Air model JED 8345.

Thanks for any input.

Walter

Posted to alt.home.repair

AJ Madison for whatever reason returns a competitively priced selection
but you're right. The cost of affixing four, six (or eight? 45" really?)
to a piece of steel does not compute to the manufacturing cost.
Even doubling the cost from wholesale to retail....

Mine was off ebay. It wasn't half the cost of retail and I happened to
find someone that was willing to make their loss my gain.

You can try craigs list too.

Now go look at Viking and Wolf and see how much they want

On 8/3/2014 10:41 PM, Walter E. wrote:
My 45" Jennair cooktop is 32 years old and looks a bit tired. A new one
from Sears costs $ 1300 plus shipping. I was shocked at the high price
because it is really only the shell of the cooktop. Maybe I am out of
touch with appliance prices. Does anyone know of any discount outlets
for things like cook tops? I am looking for a Jenn-Air model JED 8345.

Thanks for any input.

Walter

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 19:41:09 -0700, "Walter E."
wrote:

My 45" Jennair cooktop is 32 years old and looks a bit tired. A new one from
Sears costs $ 1300 plus shipping. I was shocked at the high price because it
is really only the shell of the cooktop. Maybe I am out of touch with
appliance prices. Does anyone know of any discount outlets for things like
cook tops? I am looking for a Jenn-Air model JED 8345.

Thanks for any input.

Walter

Three places I've bought from
www.abt.com
www.eastcoasttvs.com
www.ajmadison.com

For big stuff, the freight often is a deal killer, but for others, you
can still save a bundle. Sometimes the best deal is the store down
the street. Sears is the last place I'd buy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 11:33:58 PM UTC-4, ng_reader wrote:
AJ Madison for whatever reason returns a competitively priced selection

but you're right. The cost of affixing four, six (or eight? 45" really?)

to a piece of steel does not compute to the manufacturing cost.

Even doubling the cost from wholesale to retail....

Mine was off ebay. It wasn't half the cost of retail and I happened to

find someone that was willing to make their loss my gain.

+1

I found a brand new Kitchenaid double oven on Ebay for less than half
what it would cost retail, ie $1300 vs $2800. The unit was a floor model,
but never used. I was a bit concerned about whether it had a warranty or
not, so I also bought a SquareTrade warranty, think it was 3 years for
~$70. Unit was perfect and 3 years later, still working fine.

But you do need to have some experience on Ebay and know what you're doing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 19:41:09 -0700, Walter E. wrote:

My 45" Jennair cooktop is 32 years old and looks a bit tired. A new one
from Sears costs $ 1300 plus shipping. I was shocked at the high price
because it is really only the shell of the cooktop. Maybe I am out of
touch with appliance prices. Does anyone know of any discount outlets
for things like cook tops? I am looking for a Jenn-Air model JED 8345.

Thanks for any input.

Walter

Ballwin, MO
http://www.number1direct.com

bought kitchenaid frdige, ?? washer dryer

about 60% of big box stores and forget HD Lowes etc

free shipping, no tax, always reach a person, just like walking in, but
didn't have to go there.

Senior Member

My experience buying stuff online has been nothing but good. Here in Winnipeg a McDonald & Miller low water cut off for a boiler would cost me over $400 $CDN. I recently ordered one online for $236 $US. Even with the exchange rate of 10 percent or so and shipping of $25 or so, I'm still saving money by buying online than buying locally.

If you can find that cook top online for a lower price, I'd buy online.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks, but they do not sell Jenn-air for some reason. I need a Jenn-air
replacement otherwise I have to remodel the whole kitchen.

"RobertMacy" wrote in message
newsp.xj2l22zs2cx0wh@ajm...
On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 19:41:09 -0700, Walter E. wrote:

My 45" Jennair cooktop is 32 years old and looks a bit tired. A new one
from Sears costs $ 1300 plus shipping. I was shocked at the high price
because it is really only the shell of the cooktop. Maybe I am out of
touch with appliance prices. Does anyone know of any discount outlets
for things like cook tops? I am looking for a Jenn-Air model JED 8345.

Thanks for any input.

Walter

Ballwin, MO
http://www.number1direct.com

bought kitchenaid frdige, ?? washer dryer

about 60% of big box stores and forget HD Lowes etc

free shipping, no tax, always reach a person, just like walking in, but
didn't have to go there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

well, not the whole kitchen. 45" threw me off. You can go smaller, and
just fill in the gaps on either side. but sears direct offered a
"reconditioned" one for $700.

I like Sears and don't like most retailers. You could order it to the
store, return it as not needed, then go back the next day when they have
it on the floor greatly marked down in price. err, you might want to
choose a shill for some of those visits to sears...

luck

Wheeler Dealers fred[_8_] UK diy 10 July 3rd 12 08:14 PM
Sneaky car dealers Ed Pawlowski[_2_] Home Repair 18 March 24th 10 11:27 AM
Discount, LVSunglasses Discount, Dior Sunglasses Discount, (G U C C 128[_7_] Home Repair 0 November 19th 08 08:49 AM
Discount, LVSunglasses Discount, Dior Sunglasses Discount, (G U C C 128[_8_] Home Repair 0 November 6th 08 09:09 AM
All Discount Rugs On Sale - Save 10% Off All In-Stock Discount Rugs [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 21st 07 05:07 AM