Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LED trim: friction blades vs. torsion springs

Hi,

I just purchased 2dozen new construction recessed light cans (Progress P87-LED 6 In. LED New Construction Recessed Housing).
I didn't notice that they have NO clips on which to attach the torsion springs that I'm used to seeing for the LED trims I want to install
I was told that I'm to look for LED trims with "Friction blades"
I've never heard of this.
Any idea where I can find LED trims with such friction blades?
Can I just buy the "Friction blades" and add them to any trim I want??
I'm not sure if I just made a big mistake (no returns allowed).
Any advise appreciated, especially if you've had experience with this.

Thanks
Theodore
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:32:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi,

I just purchased 2dozen new construction recessed light cans (Progress P87-LED 6 In. LED New Construction Recessed Housing).

I didn't notice that they have NO clips on which to attach the torsion springs that I'm used to seeing for the LED trims I want to install

I was told that I'm to look for LED trims with "Friction blades"

I've never heard of this.

Any idea where I can find LED trims with such friction blades?

Can I just buy the "Friction blades" and add them to any trim I want??

I'm not sure if I just made a big mistake (no returns allowed).

Any advise appreciated, especially if you've had experience with this.

Thanks

Theodore

Google is your friend:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Progress-...src=17588 969