Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I determine who made my garage doors?

I have a five "short raised panel" garage door with 5 panels each
measuring 9 ft wide by 19 3/8" in height. They are 2" thick and insulated
with metal on the inside panel as well.

My son backed out of the garage and forgot the first step, open the garage
door. I need to replace a few panels and realize that the
interlocking panels may be different by manufacturer. How do I find out
who made the panels as there are no markings on any of the door panels?
The only marking is on the hinges which are made by JGS.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to locate my builder
but they were installed 16 years ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

oceanverd wrote:
I have a five "short raised panel" garage door with 5 panels each
measuring 9 ft wide by 19 3/8" in height. They are 2" thick and insulated
with metal on the inside panel as well.

My son backed out of the garage and forgot the first step, open the garage
door. I need to replace a few panels and realize that the
interlocking panels may be different by manufacturer. How do I find out
who made the panels as there are no markings on any of the door panels?
The only marking is on the hinges which are made by JGS.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to locate my builder
but they were installed 16 years ago.

Hi,
I'd call local garage door sales/service outfit and solicit their opinion.
When similar accident happened to us, I called the outfit who installed
it originally who said it was made by Steelcraft. bottom two sections
replaced with no problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/2014 11:44 PM, oceanverd wrote:
I have a five "short raised panel" garage door with 5 panels each
measuring 9 ft wide by 19 3/8" in height. They are 2" thick and insulated
with metal on the inside panel as well.

My son backed out of the garage and forgot the first step, open the garage
door. I need to replace a few panels and realize that the
interlocking panels may be different by manufacturer. How do I find out
who made the panels as there are no markings on any of the door panels?
The only marking is on the hinges which are made by JGS.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to locate my builder
but they were installed 16 years ago.

Couple of possibilities. If the house is relatively new and you know who
the builder is, ask him. Builders often use the same brand on everything

If you live in a development with other similar houses, check to see if
the neighbors have stickers or labels on their doors.

Call a local door dealer. He may be able to tell by looking and even if
he does not handle the brand on a regular basis can get the panels for
you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 03:44:02 +0000, oceanverd
wrote:

The only marking is on the hinges which are made by JGS.

I doubt those markings have any significance. I have a Wayne Dalton
single GD with the same hinges (17 years old). Not sure about the
double GD as I had it replaced with a Martin GD.

This link came from a poster here. You might call the guy as he does
respond or send him an E-mail. Perhaps send him a couple of photos.

http://ddmgaragedoors.com/index.php