Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How well do Amarr garage doors compare to Clopay garage doors?

I am getting quotes on Amarr and Clopay garage doors including
installation. How well does the Amarr Stratford 1000 compare with the
Clopay Value Plus garage door in guage of the metal, quality of
construction and rust prevention system? How do they compare in price? Is
there any difference in the knock off brands--Reliabuilt (Lowe's) and
Holmes (Home Depot) in terms of quality and construction?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...or-759535-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:44:01 +0000, Jim
wrote:

in terms of quality and construction?

....go to the BORG and check Martin doors.

I am familiar with them before sold in the stores, own one and seen
other installs.

A factory trained installer is used, though HD sells them. HD calls
in the ticket - installers call for the date of install from the
warehouse.

The first door I've seen with a tax credit / deduction as energy
efficient.

http://martindoor.com/