Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Waterproof battery

I got to change a battery on alarmed exit device,
yesterday. It's on outdoor door, and gets wet.

The manager wants to know if I can provide a
waterproof battery, so it will last longer.

I took out a Heavy Duty and put in alkaline.
Sigh.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got to change a battery on alarmed exit device,
yesterday. It's on outdoor door, and gets wet.

The manager wants to know if I can provide a
waterproof battery, so it will last longer.

I took out a Heavy Duty and put in alkaline.
Sigh.

Hi,
Why not Lithium ones?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/15/2014 8:39 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
The manager wants to know if I can provide a
waterproof battery, so it will last longer.

Hi,
Why not Lithium ones?

Costs more. Not required.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 05:35:32 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I got to change a battery on alarmed exit device,
yesterday. It's on outdoor door, and gets wet.

The manager wants to know if I can provide a
waterproof battery, so it will last longer.

I took out a Heavy Duty and put in alkaline.
Sigh.

Does 'wetness' really discharge the battery, or was this tongue in cheek?
water proof a battery?! does that include the metal connectors?! More
like a 'water proof system' here. Alkaline works great, as long as no
detection going on for 'low battery' indication.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I got to change a battery on alarmed exit device,
yesterday. It's on outdoor door, and gets wet.

The manager wants to know if I can provide a
waterproof battery, so it will last longer.

I took out a Heavy Duty and put in alkaline.
Sigh.

Pot the batteries with RTV (silicone calk) It's will be a bitch to change
them but they will be waterproof.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 08:35:32 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

The manager wants to know if I can provide a
waterproof battery, so it will last longer.

He can "waterproof" it if he encapsulates it in mineral oil.

He can make it "water resistant" with _RUSTOLEUM
Neverwet Liquid Repellant Kit_?

http://www.amazon.com/Oleum-274232-Never-Multi-Purpose/dp/B00DNQBFAW

chuckle
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The manager wants to know if I can provide a
waterproof battery, so it will last longer.

Hi,
Why not Lithium ones?

Costs more. Not required.

Costs more the first time, but how about when the interval is increased
by factor of 10 or more?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/15/2014 7:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/15/2014 8:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Costs more. Not required.

Costs more the first time, but how about when the interval is increased
by factor of 10 or more?

So, I can get paid to replace the battery once
every five years instead of a couple times a year?
Remember, I get paid to replace the battery.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/15/2014 7:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Why not Lithium ones?

Costs more. Not required.

Costs more the first time, but how about when the interval is increased
by factor of 10 or more?

A good worker provides great value, but in
this case, I don't want to value myself
out of a job. I get paid by the trip.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

waterproof zek Home Repair 11 January 19th 11 05:32 PM
Truly waterproof glue and waterproof finish Gary Dean Woodworking 11 July 6th 08 07:34 AM
Waterproof box Broadback UK diy 1 June 10th 07 05:00 PM
to waterproof or not to waterproof(and stain) pressure treated wood (kids home swingset)... markm75 Home Repair 3 May 11th 07 03:09 AM
Why waterproof Ply? Vass UK diy 21 January 30th 06 04:19 PM