Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garbage dispoal and laundry room backup

I have a single sink with attached garbage disposal. the dishwasher is
connected directly and it all works correctly and there is no drainage
problems. I do how ever have backup from my laundry room washer some
twenty feet away.

Do I need to add something to the trap or in-line with the plumbing.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

If what you're saying is the washer is backing up into
the kitchen sink, then you have an obstruction in the line

What happens if you fill the sink with water and let it
all go at once? Drains slower than it should?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:44:01 AM UTC-4, Tom wrote:
I have a single sink with attached garbage disposal. the dishwasher is

connected directly and it all works correctly and there is no drainage

problems. I do how ever have backup from my laundry room washer some

twenty feet away.

Do I need to add something to the trap or in-line with the plumbing.

Thanks

--

If what you're saying is the washer is backing up into
the kitchen sink, then you have an obstruction in the line
further down from both the washer and the kitchen sink.
The washer puts enough volume in there, it can't get
through, so it backs up. That is the most likely source
of the problem.

That is my situation. Every once in a while I send a bladder down the
cleanout well past both the laundry and the kitchen and blast away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:54:24 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

If what you're saying is the washer is backing up into
the kitchen sink, then you have an obstruction in the line
further down from both the washer and the kitchen sink.
The washer puts enough volume in there, it can't get
through, so it backs up. That is the most likely source
of the problem.

What happens if you fill the sink with water and let it
all go at once? Drains slower than it should?

I'd be curious if the drain line is pitched enough - towards the
drain?

The GD instructions mention to pitch the P-trap / line...

Second Floor Laundry Room Deano Home Repair 24 February 21st 10 04:34 PM
Appropriate flooring for a mudroom/laundry room [email protected] Home Repair 15 October 23rd 07 05:15 PM
laundry room Patt Home Repair 2 June 18th 07 08:08 PM
Sink/Garbage disposal backup The Other Mike Home Repair 6 October 7th 06 11:08 AM
Sewer Backup to Laundry Tubs Ke Home Repair 1 August 7th 04 01:30 PM