Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mixing Refrigerants r134a rf22

Last year, I added some dye (EFProducts Ester 100) for R134A into my home HVAC system (RF22). Afterwards, I found out that one should not mix them. Should I drain my system and clean the tubing? I have heard that the mix of oils form acids which eat the pipes?
Has anyone else done this and what have you done to fix it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/19/2014 10:53 AM, Deodiaus wrote:
Last year, I added some dye (EFProducts Ester 100) for R134A into my home HVAC system (RF22). Afterwards, I found out that one should not mix them. Should I drain my system and clean the tubing? I have heard that the mix of oils form acids which eat the pipes?
Has anyone else done this and what have you done to fix it?

I'd contact the manufacturer of the of the dye.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 07:17:28 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 6/19/2014 10:53 AM, Deodiaus wrote:
Last year, I added some dye (EFProducts Ester 100) for R134A into my home HVAC system (RF22). Afterwards, I found out that one should not mix them. Should I drain my system and clean the tubing? I have heard that the mix of oils form acids which eat the pipes?
Has anyone else done this and what have you done to fix it?

I'd contact the manufacturer of the of the dye.

Don't know what will happen, but I know it is 100% illegal to mix
refrigerants - for what that's worth. The mixture cannot be recovered
- it must be disposed of.

R134a Thread size? gary Metalworking 17 November 9th 19 04:18 AM
R134a compressor on R12 box Stormin Mormon[_8_] Home Repair 35 July 30th 13 05:24 PM
auto ac, r12 - r134a Yeva Kravchenko Home Repair 0 May 31st 07 04:10 AM
Auto AC, R12 - R134a m Ransley Home Repair 6 May 29th 06 04:42 AM
OT R134a Conversion Wild Bill Metalworking 0 July 23rd 05 05:39 PM