Wild Bill

Default OT R134a Conversion

The majority of info I saw recently was related to automotive A/C
conversion. I haven't worked with any of these products, so I don't have any
performance info.

I don't know the contents of the replacement refrigerants, other than that
I've read that they're hydrocarbon types.

In addition to Freeze12, there are several other brands (maybe slightly
different formulas, or maybe the same), such as Red Tek, R12a and
Enviro-Safe.
Some of them are cheap when priced in can/cases.. there are also ebay
auctions offering the conversion products.
Various conversion products are also available in the large bottles.

I can't seem to find one of the charts I saw, but the 12a was shown to
require fewer ounces of charge, while providing better/higher performance.

Apparently there is also a R22a for 22 systems.

http://autorefrigerants.com/
http://autorefrigerants.com/co00033.htm
http://www.longviewweb.com/r22.htm
http://www.redicontrols.com/News_Art...f_recovery.htm
http://www.freeze12.com/

WB

On 22 Jul 2005 18:57:31 GMT, (Chuck
Sherwood) wrote:

What is freeze 12 ?

http://www.freeze12.com/

I read about it. Still don't understand it, but it appears to be
a mixture of two chemicals.