Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default Anyone ever heard of "Rhino Shield" ? (Never paint your house again)

I hear their commercials often on WJR (AM 760 - the Great Voice of the
Great Lakes).

http://rhinoshield.net/

They claim it's not paint, while others claim that it's an elastomeric
paint containing "3M Ceramic Microspheres".

And then others saying this:

============
As I continued my research I finally uncovered the mystery of Rhino
Shield. Rhino Shield is manufactured by Nationwide Coatings.

I was able to find the MSDS (Material, Safety, Data Sheets) on Rhino
Shield as well as Nationwide Coatings products and the results are quite
amusing. In fact, in most cases the language used to describe the
products is verbatim.

I believe you can purchase the same product from Nationwide as opposed
to having to pay the exorbitant prices that Rhino Shield tries to impose
upon its customers.

Rhino Shield applies a 3 coat system comprised of the following:

1. Adhesive Primer Sealer (Product Data #14090)

2. Ceramic Mid Coat (Product Data #14030)

3. Durable Finish Coat Satin (Product Data #14020)

Nationwide Coatings supplies the following:

1. Ultra Prime™ (Product Data #2790) - $18.19 per gallon

2. Ultra Kote XL™ (Product Data #4030) - $25.29 per gallon

3. Ultra Satin™ (Product Data #2730) - $23.39 per gallon

If you look closely, you will see that the Solids by Weight, Solids by
Volume, V.O.C.'s and Gallon Weight are identical. Not to mention the
Product Description mirrors each other.

You can call Nationwide Coatings and get a price on all of their
products except Rhino Shield. They will direct you to a Rhino Shield
dealer in your area.

Keep in mind that the information made available to me over the internet
does not tell the whole story. I'm quite sure that if either one of
these companies were questioned that they would insist that the products
are quite different. What else would they say?

I am making my determinations based upon what appears to be an obvious
connection. Same manufacturer, same product description, same
statistics, same numbers!

http://www.blogster.com/freddybenson/truth-rhino-shield
====================

Ultra Kote XL:
Elastomeric Urethane Industrial Ceramic Coating for Walls, Roofs,
Equipment, Tanks and Most Other.

ULTRA SATIN:
Elastomeric Waterproofing Ceramic Satin Finish Wall Coating.

http://www.nationwidecoatings.com/prod03.htm
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGuy View Post
They claim it's not paint, while others claim that it's an elastomeric
paint containing "3M Ceramic Microspheres".
An elastomeric coating is made from the same plastic that the toy "Stretch Armstrong" was made of, but with some obvious changes in the formulation.

But, like stretch, an elastomeric coating will stretch across a crack in a masonary wall, and then shrink back again when the crack closes.

It's use is primarily to prevent rain water and snow melt from getting into masonary walls and causing freeze thaw damage.

Yes, they are a long lasting coating, but the change in property value if you put that on your house will be negative, whereas you'd realize an increase in property value if you applied a coating of a top quality exterior latex paint.

People don't change things in their life because the break, rust or rot nearly as often as they do because they get tired of them and styles change. With an elastomeric coating, it's going to cost you a lot of money to have that stuff taken off, and no matter what anyone says, everyone who has one eventually gets tired of the same colour and look. The only people that are glad they bought an elastomeric coating are those that own masonary buildings because it prevents freeze thaw damage to their property.

Last edited by nestork : June 17th 14 at 03:14 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:52:28 -0400, HomeGuy wrote:

You can call Nationwide Coatings and get a price on all of their
products except Rhino Shield. They will direct you to a Rhino Shield
dealer in your area.

Lasts 3 times longer and costs 6 times more?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 14:29:52 +0000 (UTC), Lance Echolot
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:52:28 -0400, HomeGuy wrote:

You can call Nationwide Coatings and get a price on all of their
products except Rhino Shield. They will direct you to a Rhino Shield
dealer in your area.

Lasts 3 times longer and costs 6 times more?

Depending on the cost of labout it could still end up being a
fantastic deal. - or not.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:52:28 -0400, HomeGuy wrote:

You can call Nationwide Coatings and get a price on all of their
products except Rhino Shield. They will direct you to a Rhino Shield
dealer in your area.

Lasts 3 times longer and costs 6 times more?

Maybe it's a big verson of Turtle Wax.