Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ELECTRICAL LIQUID TAPE

I am looking for feedback on users of liquid electrical tape.

How durable is it compared to electrical tape ?

Does the can dry up after a few uses.

I had that experience with Plasti Dip.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 18:02:57 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

I am looking for feedback on users of liquid electrical tape.

How durable is it compared to electrical tape ?

Does the can dry up after a few uses.

I had that experience with Plasti Dip.

Thanks.

It's not quite as durable as good tape, and I've thrown away several
almost full cans of the crap, all hardened up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I am looking for feedback on users of liquid electrical tape.

How durable is it compared to electrical tape ?

Does the can dry up after a few uses.

I had that experience with Plasti Dip.

Thanks.

It's not quite as durable as good tape, and I've thrown away several

almost full cans of the crap, all hardened up.

I've used it for some very selective low voltage repairs.
Never on AC. I doubt it would pass code for use on AC.
Tape is allowed, but I've never seen anything with regard
to the liquid stuff. One obvious problem is how do you
know how thick and uniform it is?

IDK how fast it dries out in the can. I've bought it for
a particular use and probably didn't get back to it again
for a year+. By then it was dried out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Andy wrote:

I am looking for feedback on users of liquid electrical tape.

How durable is it compared to electrical tape ?

Does the can dry up after a few uses.

I had that experience with Plasti Dip.

Andy-

I find it to be somewhat messy to work with.

I used it to repair the plastic grip on an old pair of pliers. The
pliers' handle had poked a hole in the end of the soft grip. It seems
to be holding up, but I did have to redo the repair once.

I am still on my first can and do not use it very often. After 3 or 4
years, I think it is getting a bit thick. I do my best not to leave the
lid off for long, and make sure it is tight when I close it.

I like Gfretwell's suggestion to use heat shrink over it. That seems
redundant, but would make a weather tight seal that has good mechanical
strength.

Fred
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 07:16:16 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Boat guys do it.

That sounds like a bumper sticker.
"Boat guys do it, until..."
"Boat guys do it, inside heat shrink tubing...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Ship_Venus

"No "Friggin' in the Riggin"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

Boat guys do it.

That sounds like a bumper sticker.
"Boat guys do it, until..."
"Boat guys do it, inside heat shrink tubing...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Ship_Venus

"No "Friggin' in the Riggin"

Learn something everyday here. I will include it in my repertoire.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I am looking for feedback on users of liquid electrical tape.

How durable is it compared to electrical tape ?

Does the can dry up after a few uses.

I had that experience with Plasti Dip.

Thanks.

It's not quite as durable as good tape, and I've thrown away several

almost full cans of the crap, all hardened up.

Thanks.

I bought a can before I read your post.

If it dries, I will get my money back.

Sometimes you have to be persistent, as most companies will not admit their mistakes. :-)

Andy