Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default ELECTRICAL LIQUID TAPE

In article ,
Andy wrote:

I am looking for feedback on users of liquid electrical tape.

How durable is it compared to electrical tape ?

Does the can dry up after a few uses.

I had that experience with Plasti Dip.

Andy-

I find it to be somewhat messy to work with.

I used it to repair the plastic grip on an old pair of pliers. The
pliers' handle had poked a hole in the end of the soft grip. It seems
to be holding up, but I did have to redo the repair once.

I am still on my first can and do not use it very often. After 3 or 4
years, I think it is getting a bit thick. I do my best not to leave the
lid off for long, and make sure it is tight when I close it.

I like Gfretwell's suggestion to use heat shrink over it. That seems
redundant, but would make a weather tight seal that has good mechanical
strength.

Fred