Junior Member

Default Anderson window fit

I just have anderson 400 series double hung and casements installed.

When i close the latch on the casements i noticed the top of the window pushes out and then pops back in. To me it doesnt look like a good fit. is this supposed to be like this?

Also the double hung when i slide the bottom window up when it gets about 3/4 of the way up or further i can move the window back and forth, some about 3/8 to 1/2 is that a bad install?

I haven't paid the last payment so would like some info before i do.

Thank you!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
Mikezx10

Why don't you call the installer back to check it. WW
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW[_2_] View Post

Why don't you call the installer back to check it. WW
I am but I want to know before they come, If i dont know what i am supposed to have, they can tell me anything.

I had a problem with my hardwood floor finish and the guy tried to tell me that it was due to the type of wood. I later found out he wasnt honest and it was the drying time between coats of poly. But had already paid him everything so had lots of trouble.

Help appreciated
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/11/2014 7:48 PM, Mikezx10 wrote:

I just have anderson 400 series double hung and casements installed.

When i close the latch on the casements i noticed the top of the window
pushes out and then pops back in. To me it doesnt look like a good fit.
is this supposed to be like this?

Also the double hung when i slide the bottom window up when it gets
about 3/4 of the way up or further i can move the window back and forth,
some about 3/8 to 1/2 is that a bad install?

I haven't paid the last payment so would like some info before i do.

Call Andersen.

Help Center: 1-855-603-0692
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Sat 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM Central U.S. Time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 08:21:27 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

On 6/11/2014 7:48 PM, Mikezx10 wrote:

I just have anderson 400 series double hung and casements installed.

When i close the latch on the casements i noticed the top of the window
pushes out and then pops back in. To me it doesnt look like a good fit.
is this supposed to be like this?

Also the double hung when i slide the bottom window up when it gets
about 3/4 of the way up or further i can move the window back and forth,
some about 3/8 to 1/2 is that a bad install?

I haven't paid the last payment so would like some info before i do.

Call Andersen.

Help Center: 1-855-603-0692
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Sat 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM Central U.S. Time.

Not sure Andersen could help if the installer was not certified or
trained by Andersen. I could be wrong. Even so, Andersen provides
excellent installation guides on line and inside each windows
packaging.

IMO, the OP has a bad install of the windows. Some fly-by-night
installer put them in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 6/11/2014 7:48 PM, Mikezx10 wrote:

I just have anderson 400 series double hung and casements installed.

When i close the latch on the casements i noticed the top of the window
pushes out and then pops back in. To me it doesnt look like a good fit.
is this supposed to be like this?

Also the double hung when i slide the bottom window up when it gets
about 3/4 of the way up or further i can move the window back and forth,
some about 3/8 to 1/2 is that a bad install?

I haven't paid the last payment so would like some info before i do.

Call Andersen.

Help Center: 1-855-603-0692
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Sat 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM Central U.S. Time.

Not sure Andersen could help if the installer was not certified or
trained by Andersen. I could be wrong.

Andersen will know if those behaviors of a newly-installed Andersen
window are normal, or if they suggest a problem with the installation.
And if they say it's a problem, the OP can tell the installer that
*Andersen* says it's a problem, which will be the most persuasive
argument the OP can make.

Even so, Andersen provides
excellent installation guides on line and inside each windows
packaging.

IMO, the OP has a bad install of the windows. Some fly-by-night
installer put them in.

Installer error is the greatest risk when installing windows. It can
lead to problems down the road that the window manufacturer's warranty
won't cover, because it excludes installation-based problems. And good
luck trying to get the installer to make good five years later when
the water incursion problem is finally detected. Assuming they're even
still around...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

What you say is true. The OP can do some checks on his own with a
couple of levels and a measuring tape. I don't happen to know his
skills, knowledge and abilities to do so. From what he said in his
post the windows are not properly done or they would not need a call
back for a fix.

Even so, Andersen provides
excellent installation guides on line and inside each windows
packaging.

IMO, the OP has a bad install of the windows. Some fly-by-night
installer put them in.

Installer error is the greatest risk when installing windows. It can
lead to problems down the road that the window manufacturer's warranty
won't cover, because it excludes installation-based problems. And good
luck trying to get the installer to make good five years later when
the water incursion problem is finally detected. Assuming they're even
still around...

Correct. Some window installers get paid by piece-work. You get what
you pay for. I've installed hundreds of windows & doors. Some were a
real PIA, others very easy, some needed a carpenter to come back and
fix an RO, many of them Andersen as well as other brands.. I was
trained by a father / son team that knows what they were doing. Even
they were trained and certified by the window manufacturer. It really
is a matter of paying attention to detail.

Given these are Andersen windows, I'd blame the install v. the
windows.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 6/11/2014 7:48 PM, Mikezx10 wrote:

I just have anderson 400 series double hung and casements installed.

When i close the latch on the casements i noticed the top of the window
pushes out and then pops back in. To me it doesnt look like a good fit.
is this supposed to be like this?

Also the double hung when i slide the bottom window up when it gets
about 3/4 of the way up or further i can move the window back and forth,
some about 3/8 to 1/2 is that a bad install?

I haven't paid the last payment so would like some info before i do.

Call Andersen.

Help Center: 1-855-603-0692
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Sat 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM Central U.S. Time.

Run a straightedge down the side of the window frame. If it is
anything other than perfectly straight, make the guy re-install the
windows. Chech with a level. The window MUST be 100% plumb in both
directions. Anything else, make the installer re-install the windows
or don't pay him. He's supposed to be a professional.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

[...]