Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pole mount for solar array

Hi All,

I've got to install a pole mount for a solar array. The manufacturer
says to use 5" schedule 40 steel pipe (5 9/16" OD). The hole is
specified as:

54" deep
30" diameter
..81 cubic feet of concrete

Do I need to weld any kind of rebar to the bottom of the pipe?? What
kinds of coating would be best before pouring concrete? Of course, I'll
be sloping the top of the concrete for water drainage.

I'm assuming that I need the concrete poured under the pipe opening ....
so what do I use as a standoff to raise the pipe off the bottom of the
hole? Should I cap the end of the pipe encased in concrete?

I was planning on building a 2x4 wood collar above ground, along with
diagonal 2x4's for ground support to maintain vertical until the concrete
cures.

Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks!