Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Papa Johns deceptive advertising.......

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 14:01:05 -0700, Oren wrote:

...snip...

Bring 'em to their knees, Bob!

How much time have you spent on this, calls to people and getting the
round around. All over $4?

I knew a guy that went to war with his water utility over his one
bill.

They then cut his water off. I told him to "grow a plant in the
toilet."

Sometimes, you just have a bad day at the dungeon

Ionce got a refund ceck, no a credit, from PGE, utilities supplier in CA
fpr $0.06

why because I pay per day for 'access' to electricity which during an
outage from lack of their maintaining the infrastructure, they failed to
provide. by law you never pay for what you do NOT get. up until that
complaint we had myriads of outages in the most benign climate in the
world. after that experience, we surprisingly had no more outages,
although sections around us did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:18:47 -0700, RobertMacy
wrote:

Sometimes, you just have a bad day at the dungeon

Ionce got a refund ceck, no a credit, from PGE, utilities supplier in CA
fpr $0.06

why because I pay per day for 'access' to electricity which during an
outage from lack of their maintaining the infrastructure, they failed to
provide. by law you never pay for what you do NOT get. up until that
complaint we had myriads of outages in the most benign climate in the
world. after that experience, we surprisingly had no more outages,
although sections around us did.

....wonder what it cost the utility for that check processing - $10?
--
Definition of a camel: A horse designed by a committee
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:29:10 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
the 12 buck sale price was on the front door of the store, and while waiting on the complaint line it was repeated 20 times or so, every minute, sale price on the web site too.

the store says they get complaints daily since the franchise doesnt honor any sales price from on line orders

normal price about 16 bucks.

I didnt want the free pizza, I demand they honor their sales price, and will contact the media.

perhaps papa johns charges the franchise for on line orders. so they dont honor the price.....

sounds like a dirty franchisee if you ask

The onyl solution is the violent overthrow of the US government
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 07:53:53 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

On 4/15/2014 4:20 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:01:18 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

Next time, phone it in, or go to Pizza Hut. PH has specials that
*require* ordering online to get the special deal.

...and while you are at PH, check and see if the employees wear gloves

Just sayin'

Good point. And if they wear them, but do a no-no with them on, see
that they promptly change them. I saw a woman working a deli counter
swipe her gloved hand across her nose and mouth, then continue
handling the food with the now contaminated gloved hand. Sheesh.

Stopped in a local Shop & Rob comer store one day. The clerk was
obviously very sick. Not even covering his mouth, coughing all over
the place (flu). I got on his case about that. Further told him he
should not come / go to work when he is that sick. I told employees
that worked for me a number of times; "if your are sick don't come to
work." You can make others ill.

In my city (Las Vegas), those working in the food hospitality service
have to have a card issued by the county. They are tested for
Hepatitis, etc.

I've seen an instance where a person was blowing her nose and not
changing gloves. I get on their ASS when I see such things....you may
do that at home, but not in a public place.

Sigh
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:57:25 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 4/15/2014 6:11 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:05:27 -0400, Hannibal Lecter
wrote:

How much time have you spent posting snide off-topic remarks?

How much time have you spent Nym Shifting, changing your name when
posting, and being an ass hole?

Are you afraid you may have a discuss a topic under one name?

Yep, I bet that is the true reason.

Oren has a fanboy, Oren has a fanboy, Oren has a fanboy, neener neener
neener. ^_^

TDD

You must be thinking of a Gal Boy. He might really get hurt trying to
stick his tongue in my mouth. My bride will shoot the bitch

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in
:

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:39:40 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

yep and thanks the health department will be visiting this papa johns.

Some years ago I reported a hospital for a very unsafe situation..

Not only did they fix the item I reported but they got fined 15 grand
for something very serious.

The PA state health department inspects the entire hospital if they
get a detailed complaint...

The way I look at it I may have saved some lives.

I'm with you Bob. We should not tolerate Tyranny. From government all
the way down to a pizza franchise.

Did the pizza place employees have on hair nets and gloves? If they
were slovenly, bring the big guns out and break 'em.

If we can save the life of just one tortoise.... or a snail darter...

I think there should a Pizza Militia.

I think there should a Pizza Militia.

Red Camo? I'm in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

On 4/15/2014 2:51 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:42:51 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:31:27 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:

On 4/15/2014 10:16 AM, bob haller wrote:

My GF and her son ordered a pizza from Papa Johns online.....

Now they are running the double peperoni and bacon pizza for 12
bucks. But the store charged them 16 bucks since the local
franchise does not honor sale prices on anything ordered
online. Me I would of walked out.

But they paid for the pizza and brought it home.

The assistant store manager says they get constant complaints
but its the franchises decision.

I called the number the manager gave me and was offered a
coupon for a free pizza. But this was from the regional
franchise district manager. I declined and called corporate.
Told them I wanted to speak to someone from corporate. They had
the same district manager call me back He denies everything.
But claimed since thjey have 139 stores they are corporate.

I called corporate back and since they track all sales
suggested they check what price their customers are paying for
online items on sale.

I havent heard anything back yet, but think the franchise is
running a scam of some sort.

Papa John's is letting franchises opt out of advertised
promotions.

Nothing illegal about that. Many Subway stores charge more than
$5 for a

$5 footlong too.

Some franchisers require their franchisees to honor promotions,
i.e.

Burger King.

From the PJ website with regard to the $12 special:

"Offer and Prices will vary in Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. Offer
good for a limited time at participating Papa John's restaurants"

I think it's probably dumb for a national franchise to do that, but
as you

say, nothing illegal or even unusual about it. I recall seeing many
TV

ads for example for fast food that say "at participating
locations".

And I think there offer of a free pizza when he complained was
reasonable

too. Many restaurants, not just fast food one, don't even have the
sense

to do that. You complain about the food or something, and they
could give

you a free desert, something, on a $100 check and they rather have
you

leave ****ed off, by giving you nothing at all.

I'm also still curious about what price they were shown online?

If they were told the price was $12 for the particular location
they

were going to and it took the order at $12, then I agree they have

totally valid beef.

12 bucks online price when ordered, 12 buck price on front door
banner....

oh you ordered on line that means your paying full price.....

thats pure wrong!!!

If your local TV station has an XX On Your Side program, give them a
call and see if they'll investigate it. It used to be a newspaper you
could call but newspapers appear to have become passe. Get Papa Johns
some negative publicity that gets their attention. Heck, get a bunch of
people to Email The White House website about it. ^_^

TDD

Heck, get a bunch of
people to Email The White House website about it.

They will laugh and ignore it...unless you say it involves a chicken
topping.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:24:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I think there should a Pizza Militia.

New department, Citizen Reporting and Policing.

You too can sign up to C.R.A.P. on people, and
send C.R.A.P. every where you go. With the new
C.R.A.P., everyone will know that you really
give C.R.A.P. to your neighbors and friends.
Just dial the anonymous 800 number, and C.R.A.P.
all over your friends, neighbors, local pizza
joint, hospital, etc. They'll thank you in the
end when they see you C.R.A.P. every minute of
every day, and they'll thank you and probably
tell you where you can stick it.

Special High Intensity Training

To: All Employees

Subject: Special High Intensity Training

In order to assure that we continue to produce the highest quality
work possible, it will be our policy to keep all employees
well-trained through our program of Special High Intensity Training
(S.H.I.T.). We are giving our employees more S.H.I.T. than any other
company in the country.

If you feel you do not receive your share of S.H.I.T. on the job,
please see your supervisor. You will be placed on top of his S.H.I.T.
list for special attention.

All of our supervisors are particularly qualified to see that you get
all the S.H.I.T. you can handle at your own speed.

If you consider yourself to be trained enough already, you may be
interested in helping us train others. We can add you to our Basic
Understanding Lecture List, Special High Intensity Training
(B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.).

If you have any further questions, please address them to our Head of
Training, Special High Intensity Training (H.O.T.S.H.I.T.).

Thank you,

Boss in General
Special High Intensity Training
(B.I.G.S.H.I.T.)

PS. With the personality some of you display around here, you could
easily become the Director of Intensity Programming, Special High
Intensity Training.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've seen an instance where a person was blowing her nose and not

changing gloves. I get on their ASS when I see such things....you may

do that at home, but not in a public place.

yeah had that happen at a big stores deli, the workers nose was running bad and she was coughing into tissues held in her gloved hand, all covered with snot.

the deli workers looked at me like I was insane when I complained, they didnt get it. So I complained to the stores manager and their coplaint phone number too...

It was just so gross but I havent seen it happen again!
Posted to alt.home.repair

To: All Employees

[...]

I may have a mimeograph copy of that, my Dad
ran off when I was in elementary school.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

Sometimes, you just have a bad day at the dungeon

Ionce got a refund ceck, no a credit, from PGE, utilities supplier in CA
fpr $0.06

why because I pay per day for 'access' to electricity which during an
outage from lack of their maintaining the infrastructure, they failed to
provide. by law you never pay for what you do NOT get. up until that
complaint we had myriads of outages in the most benign climate in the
world. after that experience, we surprisingly had no more outages,
although sections around us did.

...wonder what it cost the utility for that check processing - $10?

Typical governmental agency. Spend a buck to save a nickel. Then provide no
oversight and when the **** hits the fan spend 20 to re-mediate through
somebodies brother in law whom kicks back 5 and pockets 15 for doing
nothing.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

[...]

From the PJ website with regard to the $12 special:

"Offer and Prices will vary in Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. Offer good for a limited time at participating Papa John's restaurants"

I think it's probably dumb for a national franchise to do that, but as you
say, nothing illegal or even unusual about it. I recall seeing many TV
ads for example for fast food that say "at participating locations".
And I think there offer of a free pizza when he complained was reasonable
too. Many restaurants, not just fast food one, don't even have the sense
to do that. You complain about the food or something, and they could give
you a free desert, something, on a $100 check and they rather have you
leave ****ed off, by giving you nothing at all.

I'm also still curious about what price they were shown online?
If they were told the price was $12 for the particular location they
were going to and it took the order at $12, then I agree they have a
totally valid beef.

He didn't want beef; he wanted pep and bacon.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 22:52:29 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Heck, get a bunch of
people to Email The White House website about it.

They will laugh and ignore it...unless you say it involves a chicken
topping.

I smell watermelon...
--
"Your brain is so scary sometimes... it really is."-Jedediah Bila...
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 4/15/2014 4:15 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:09:11 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

I also didnt like the district manager claiming he was corporate.

I think I have uncovered a scam, and want to see corporate knows
about it....

What they are doing makes very pappa johns look bad.

I wonder when was the last time the health dept. inspected the
place.

(hint- hint)

Place a big roach(the insect) in the middle of the pizza then post a
picture on The Web. ^_^

TDD

I am glad you specified the insect. In some states they would have asked for
extra "oregano"

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

Next time, phone it in, or go to Pizza Hut. PH has specials that
*require* ordering online to get the special deal.

...and while you are at PH, check and see if the employees wear gloves

Before or after the "examination"?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Papa Johns deceptive advertising. and other issues

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

[...]

Oren, you should watch the program "Bar Rescue" on Spike TV Sunday nights.
Getting ugly... I was never a bar person but after seeing this (puke).

Around here the Health dept requires a notice for organizations giving
chicken dinners and the like. Have a mini course in food handling. They
even brought thermometers along to check the temp to see if it was cooked
properly. Now they have a course that at least one person has to be
certified in. Of course, with commercial establishments (along all lines)
the management sets the standards so ya got to watch out for the pimply
faced kid.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

[...]

Has anyone else run into this?

By the way there was near no bacon on the pizza, just some tiny crumbles...

I would have just told them I walked in. Never mention on line, same lousy
pizza.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 21:26:56 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Oren, you should watch the program "Bar Rescue" on Spike TV Sunday nights.
Getting ugly... I was never a bar person but after seeing this (puke).

BTDT. I've seen prison kitchens cleaner.

Around here the Health dept requires a notice for organizations giving
chicken dinners and the like. Have a mini course in food handling. They
even brought thermometers along to check the temp to see if it was cooked
properly. Now they have a course that at least one person has to be
certified in. Of course, with commercial establishments (along all lines)
the management sets the standards so ya got to watch out for the pimply
faced kid.

Here, an inspection report must be posted in prominent view near the
entry (A through C?). What it odd, they need ~47 demerits before the
county shuts the place down. With 40 or so they can stay open. Sneaky
*******s try to swap off the report required to be posted. If caught,
they get shut down completely - no more license. Then they come back
under a different license.

Pay attention....
Posted to alt.home.repair

To: All Employees

[...]

Was the machine hand cranked?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

[...]

This county has them posted on the web. I did a Goggle search on one of my
former coworkers and his name came up. I asked him about it and claimed it
was a cousin...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

To: All Employees

[...]

Ah, the smell of solvents does a lung good. I'm surprised the Teachers
Union hasn't brought this up to get them disability.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Papa Johns And now old mimeograph

Oren posted for all of us...

To: All Employees

In order to assure that we continue to produce the highest quality
work possible, it will be our policy to keep all employees
well-trained through our program of Special High Intensity Training
(S.H.I.T.). We are giving our employees more S.H.I.T. than any other
company in the country.

I may have a mimeograph copy of that, my Dad
ran off when I was in elementary school.

Was the machine hand cranked?

Ah, the smell of solvents does a lung good.
I'm surprised the Teachers
Union hasn't brought this up to get them disability.

Yes, the mimeo used blue forms that had to be
hand typed. On an electric type writer. We had
only black ink which was spread inside the drum,
with a brush on a retractable handle. The
machine was hand cranked. Dad rigged a device
to add a slipsheet, so the ink would not go
onto the back of the next sheet.

Dad gave it away to a friend, who ran an after
school program, and needed it more than we did.
I had a glance at some google images, but not
able to find a similar model.

I remember cranking it when I was an elementary
schooler. We generated tickets to my friend David's
spook show, I still have some of the tickets. Wish
I had a photo of the mimeo. It was always just there,
and I took it for granted. Now the mimeograph is
gone, Dad is dead, and all I have are some memories.

Not to be confused with blue ditto, which used
methanol as solvent. My high school used blue
ditto, extensively.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/18/2014 8:19 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yes, the mimeo used blue forms that had to be
hand typed. On an electric type writer. We had
only black ink which was spread inside the drum,
with a brush on a retractable handle. The
machine was hand cranked. Dad rigged a device
to add a slipsheet, so the ink would not go
onto the back of the next sheet.

Dad gave it away to a friend, who ran an after
school program, and needed it more than we did.
I had a glance at some google images, but not
able to find a similar model.

I remember cranking it when I was an elementary
schooler. We generated tickets to my friend David's
spook show, I still have some of the tickets. Wish
I had a photo of the mimeo. It was always just there,
and I took it for granted. Now the mimeograph is
gone, Dad is dead, and all I have are some memories.

This is fairly close, though it doesn't show the drum
open at top:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/il...tion/131584380

This one some what close:
http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/527...N.97254914.jpg

Ebay had one similar for $450.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mimeograph-m...047675.l255 7

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 19:57:06 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

[...]

Can't have enough cousins named Jethro.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 18, 2014 8:40:42 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

although I repaired some mimeo machines, most often it was Ditto spirit duplicators that used methyl alcohol and carbon masters.

Incidently mimeo machines are still made today, they are called risograph machines, they automate making applying and removing the masters....

very low cost per copy

these days I repair laminating machines that apply plastic to paper, a good example are menus are often laminated.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/2014 1:57 AM, bob haller wrote:

although I repaired some mimeo machines, most

often it was Ditto spirit duplicators that used
methyl alcohol and carbon masters.

Incidently mimeo machines are still made today,

they are called risograph machines, they automate
making applying and removing the masters....

very low cost per copy

these days I repair laminating machines that apply

plastic to paper, a good example are menus are often
laminated.....

Nice to know some of the old technology still
out there, and in use. Thank you for sharing.
Uh, er, grin: thank you for sharing WITH THE
CLASS. Ha, ha.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Well s a update I am supremely unimpressed with papa johns, since no one from corporate has called me back. If I dont get a call soon I will send a registered letter to the president of papa johns, return receipt required.

the first failure was deceptive advertising and ripping people off, the second failure was attemting to pass off a franchise employee as a corporate one, the last failure no return call means they really dont care.

I will take this issue to the media for some negative attention..

at this point I would love to see papa johns sales crash in the area....
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 4/15/2014 2:03 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 10:16:41 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

[...]

A recent taste test I saw on some Yahoo page ranked Papa Johns lower
then Little Caesars. I agree with their ranking. Dominos was number
one and Pizza Hut number two (or the reverse)

The key question is why would anyone order from Papa Johns. The pizza is
awful and the politics are worse.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How much time have you spent posting snide off-topic remarks?

How much time have you spent Nym Shifting, changing your name
when posting, and being an ass hole?

Are you afraid you may have a discuss a topic under one name?

Yep, I bet that is the true reason.

Oren has a fanboy, Oren has a fanboy, Oren has a fanboy, neener
neener neener. ^_^

TDD

You must be thinking of a Gal Boy. He might really get hurt trying
to stick his tongue in my mouth. My bride will shoot the bitch

It will probably start following you from group to group if you let it
know what an idiot it is and embarrass it. It will nymshift to something
like "Oren Hypocrite Teabillie" or some such nonsense. Those goofy
P.L.L.C.F. know no boundaries when it comes to displaying their mental
illness. ^_^

TDD