Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kohler Command 21 "Blowing OIL"

I have a Gravely ZT 2148 w/Kohler Command V-Twin model CV23. I have
recently serviced with new air/oil filter along with oil change. The motor
turns over but does not run. It will run by pouring fuel into carb. The
clear fuel filter shows no fuel being drawn into it while cranking. I
replaced fuel pump with new and it started to work properly and ran fine.
I mowed my yard and engine suddenly died. I inspected fuel filter and
there was no gas although gas in tank. I pulled pickup tube and checked
screen which is fine. Mower will run if I pour gas in carb. During
cranking there is no gas being drawn into fuel filter. I also have a lot
of oil coming from PVC where inserts into valve cover. I replaced the
grommet with a new one and it is already torn. Could my crankcase breather
be clogged? I removed my oil fill cap and cranked and there is a lot of
oil shooting out????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 21:45:09 +0000, Daddyhog
wrote:

[...]

Is the gas going into the oil from a popped fuel pump diaphragm??
Sure sounds like it to me. Check the oil level and sniff it. If it is
high and smells like gas, youve found your problem.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyhog View Post

--
Daddyhog:

If you don't get any answers on this site, there is an Outdoor Power Equipment website that has a DIY Q&A forum where people who are into repairing small engines hang around.

Best Snowblower, Snowthrower, Lawnmower, Forum, Lawn Mower, snow blower, snow thrower, parts, Outdoor Power Equipment

I'd register and explain the symptoms and see what they think.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 21:45:09 +0000, Daddyhog
wrote:

Wish those moaners would figure out Usenet.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2014 8:17 PM, nestork wrote:
If you don't get any answers on this site, there is an Outdoor Power
Equipment website that has a DIY Q&A forum where people who are into
repairing small engines hang around.

'Best Snowblower, Snowthrower, Lawnmower, Forum, Lawn Mower, snow
blower, snow thrower, parts, Outdoor Power Equipment'
(http://www.opeonthenet.com/)

I'd register and explain the symptoms and see what they think.

Good one! Send the web forum guy to another
web forum. Brilliant.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair
JAS JAS is offline

Daddyhog wrote:
[...]

You could have some foreign material,such as grass,bug or rust in the
gas tank preventing the gas getting to to the filter. Take the hose off
the bottom of the tank and see if you get gas there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

JAS wrote:
Daddyhog wrote:
[...]

Hi,
What about gas tank cap being plugged up?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 11, 2014 11:11:37 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

Am I the only one here that when they first looked at the topic,
was trying to figure out how oil could be blowing out of a Kohler
toilet or sink? Honey, good news, we've struck oil!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 13, 2014 8:21:38 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, April 11, 2014 11:11:37 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

Am I the only one here that when they first looked at the topic,

was trying to figure out how oil could be blowing out of a Kohler

toilet or sink? Honey, good news, we've struck oil!

Yes, you're the only one! *L*
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Friday, April 11, 2014 11:11:37 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

Am I the only one here that when they first looked at the topic,
was trying to figure out how oil could be blowing out of a Kohler
toilet or sink? Honey, good news, we've struck oil!

I just figured he had anal leakage... from his cholesterol drugs.

--
Tekkie