Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replace side mounted faucets in 1950 sink?

Are replacement side mounted faucets available for a circa 1950 sink like
this?

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/1950sink.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 3/26/2014 1:54 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
Are replacement side mounted faucets available for a circa 1950 sink like
this?

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/1950sink.jpg

Same faucet as on top; just mount location. There's nothing unique
about the faucet itself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Wiss" wrote in message

Are replacement side mounted faucets available for a
circa 1950 sink like this?

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/1950sink.jpg

You should be able to find single valves NP. A wide spread (8"?) pair may
fit too.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/14, 2:54 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
Are replacement side mounted faucets available for a circa 1950 sink like
this?

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/1950sink.jpg

Yikes !!
And I thought it may be a problem to find a replacement someday for
this "angled" faucet from the 50's.

http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/re...9398d.jpg.html
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 3/26/2014 9:48 AM, Retired wrote:
On 3/26/14, 2:54 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
Are replacement side mounted faucets available for a circa 1950 sink like
this?

Yikes !!
And I thought it may be a problem to find a replacement someday for this
"angled" faucet from the 50's.

http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/re...9398d.jpg.html

Same thing--there's nothing at all unique about the faucets.

They're called "wide spread" faucets and there a zillion from which to
choose and if look can probably still find the originals or something
very close...

http://www.faucetdirect.com/kohler-bathroom-sink-faucet/c1833?f17866=Widespread

Posted to alt.home.repair

Retired wrote:
On 3/26/14, 2:54 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
Are replacement side mounted faucets available for a circa 1950 sink like
this?

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/1950sink.jpg

Yikes !!
And I thought it may be a problem to find a replacement someday for this
"angled" faucet from the 50's.

http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/re...9398d.jpg.html

Do you have to use angled water so that it will fit through the faucet?

I won't even ask how the drain is configured.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Wiss View Post
Are replacement side mounted faucets available for a circa 1950 sink like
this?

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/1950sink.jpg

Don. Don Wiss's Home Page (much is gluten-free) (e-mail link at home page bottom).
I don't know if Kissler would have replacement faucets, but I'm quite sure that I've seen the handles and escutcheons for your faucet at Kissler & Co.

And, I expect that if they sell the handles and escutcheons, they'd sell the cartridges and seats, too.

Kissler has a $500 minimum order, but their sales department should be able to tell you who they ship to regularily in your area, and you'd just have to order the parts through that company.

Go to:

Kissler | Plumbing Repair Parts

and download their plumbing parts catalogue, and you should be able to find parts for your faucet in there. Kissler specializes in old and obsolete plumbing parts. They buy the parts from the same companies that made them for the original faucet manufacturers. It's just that they buy fewer of them because there's much less demand for them now then there used to be.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/14, 6:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Retired wrote:
On 3/26/14, 2:54 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
Are replacement side mounted faucets available for a circa 1950 sink like
this?

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/1950sink.jpg

Yikes !!
And I thought it may be a problem to find a replacement someday for this
"angled" faucet from the 50's.

http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/re...9398d.jpg.html

Do you have to use angled water so that it will fit through the faucet?

No, but you do have to bend at the waist for everything to work right.

I won't even ask how the drain is configured.

Drain ?? Is there supposed to be a drain ? Who knew .......
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 02:54:17 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

Are replacement side mounted faucets available for a circa 1950 sink like
this?

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/1950sink.jpg

Cool looking sink! I like how the spout is molded in.

Why do you need to replace the faucets?
Those oldies were built to last.....
Replace the seats, washers and packings, apply plumbing grease on the
threads, and they should last another 50 years. Since those escutcheons
are peeling, you may be able to find them, otherwise take them to a
place that chromes auto parts, and get them re-chromed. The handles
look fine, but those can be bought if needed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 00:28:29 -0500, wrote:

Cool looking sink! I like how the spout is molded in.

Why do you need to replace the faucets?
Those oldies were built to last.....
Replace the seats, washers and packings, apply plumbing grease on the
threads, and they should last another 50 years. Since those escutcheons
are peeling, you may be able to find them, otherwise take them to a
place that chromes auto parts, and get them re-chromed. The handles
look fine, but those can be bought if needed.

We had a plumber over to the house. He said the sink was American Standard:

http://www.fvstore.com/Vintage-Porce...s/p137345.html

He thought the metal was too corroded to replate and finding a replacement
stopper would be a challenge, since it's all different nowadays. Though
there may be a place in Montclair, NJ that has replacement parts.

The water really gushes out of the spout. No aerator.

Replace Side Mounted Garage Door Springs Sue Home Repair 15 May 4th 16 12:22 PM
Side door - repair or replace Higgs Boson[_2_] Home Repair 8 September 28th 11 06:20 PM
Old side mounted bath taps. Tim W UK diy 9 September 6th 10 09:25 AM
Wall mounted Sink, holes drilled in wrong place TallJim UK diy 3 February 16th 07 01:51 PM
How to replace side panels on Bies john moorhead Woodworking 8 December 29th 03 06:57 PM