Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fist-sized hole repair

Hi All,

I've got some fist-size holes in patterned sheetrock. Anyone ever come
up with a better solution than re-skinning the walls?

Got a few repairs to do:

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/use...len%20Sanders?
sort=3&page=1

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 00:48:42 +0000 (UTC), JohnK
wrote:

Hi All,

I've got some fist-size holes in patterned sheetrock. Anyone ever come
up with a better solution than re-skinning the walls?

Got a few repairs to do:

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/use...len%20Sanders?
sort=3&page=1

Oh my!. This looks like a mobile home. Are you certain this is sheet
rock? Not to be mean, but that place looks like a crack house. Were
these people renters or you bought the place later?

Looks like what you have is wall paper on the walls. I don't think
patches would help until it is removed from the walls.

I'd not advise anything as far a patching over wall paper. INHO.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:09:42 -0700, Oren wrote:

Oh my!. This looks like a mobile home. Are you certain this is sheet
rock? Not to be mean, but that place looks like a crack house. Were
these people renters or you bought the place later?

Looks like what you have is wall paper on the walls. I don't think
patches would help until it is removed from the walls.

I'd not advise anything as far a patching over wall paper. INHO.

It is a fairly nice older 14x80 mobile home. Those walls are sheetrock
with a factory applied design. It has a texture like a dollar bill.

The link in the first post tells the story with photos: Problem tenant
evicted and the condition of the mobile home after retaking possession.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 01:17:30 +0000 (UTC), JohnK
wrote:

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:09:42 -0700, Oren wrote:

Oh my!. This looks like a mobile home. Are you certain this is sheet
rock? Not to be mean, but that place looks like a crack house. Were
these people renters or you bought the place later?

Looks like what you have is wall paper on the walls. I don't think
patches would help until it is removed from the walls.

I'd not advise anything as far a patching over wall paper. INHO.

Thanks.

It is a fairly nice older 14x80 mobile home. Those walls are sheetrock
with a factory applied design. It has a texture like a dollar bill.

The sheet rock can be patched relatively easy, Each hole can be done
using a "California Patch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kfw8M-a0pE

I imagine you will need to skim coat the wall anyway. I see no way to
match the factory texture.

The link in the first post tells the story with photos: Problem tenant
evicted and the condition of the mobile home after retaking possession.

I did notice later that your link mentioned the guy was evicted. Good!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:29:22 -0700, Oren wrote:

The sheet rock can be patched relatively easy, Each hole can be done
using a "California Patch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kfw8M-a0pE

Great link. Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/21/2014 8:48 PM, JohnK wrote:
Hi All,

I've got some fist-size holes in patterned sheetrock. Anyone ever come
up with a better solution than re-skinning the walls?

Got a few repairs to do:

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/use...len%20Sanders?
sort=3&page=1

You may be able to find a mobile home manufacturer for replacement
sheets, more so, to match the texture. Also, with many holes, sometimes
it's best to cut a section and install a new sheet the same size, then
all you need to do is mud the seam.
Posted to alt.home.repair

After doing the patch work, thin down (with water) some dry wall mud and use
a rough patterned paint roller to the entire wall and you get a nice
texture. that is what I do. Then repaint. WW

"JohnK" wrote in message ...

Hi All,

I've got some fist-size holes in patterned sheetrock. Anyone ever come
up with a better solution than re-skinning the walls?

Got a few repairs to do:

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/use...len%20Sanders?
sort=3&page=1

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 20:50:17 -0600, "WW"
wrote:

After doing the patch work, thin down (with water) some dry wall mud and use
a rough patterned paint roller to the entire wall and you get a nice
texture. that is what I do. Then repaint. WW

Excellent idea. Rollers have many patters for choices. Another option
is to use a natural sea sponge to stipple a pattern over what the OP
has. Even a Drywall Stipple Brushes can be used in a random pattern,

http://www.bontool.com/images/catalog/CROWSFOOTBRUSH_0.JPG

Posted to alt.home.repair

JohnK wrote:
Hi All,

I've got some fist-size holes in patterned sheetrock. Anyone ever come
up with a better solution than re-skinning the walls?

Got a few repairs to do:

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/use...len%20Sanders?
sort=3&page=1

Sheetrock seems very odd in a trailer. I've seen a very thin plywood.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote:

JohnK wrote:
Hi All,

I've got some fist-size holes in patterned sheetrock. Anyone ever come
up with a better solution than re-skinning the walls?

Got a few repairs to do:

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/use...len%20Sanders?
sort=3&page=1

Sheetrock seems very odd in a trailer. I've seen a very thin plywood.

Greg

That's what it looks like - 1/4" vinyl covered plywood - the divider
moulding is a dead giveaway

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...d5ca0f_400.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 05:26:23 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

Sheetrock seems very odd in a trailer. I've seen a very thin plywood.

I agree. That was why I had asked if the OP was certain he had
sheetrock . Inside the walls I've seen are just 2 X 3 inch studs. And
moving the trailer would seem to damage the seams and fasteners...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Get a patching kit from home depot. Will take as long as it takes for the mud and paint to dry. For more information http://www.epdmcoatings.com/liquid-rubber.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 05:29:23 -0700 (PDT), Albert Mclaren
wrote:

Get a patching kit from home depot. Will take as long as it takes for the mud and paint to dry. For more information http://wwwwwwwww.epdmcoatings.com/liquid-rubber.html

Advice from Pakistan. Oh my!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Get a patching kit from home depot. Will take as long as it takes for the mud and paint to dry. For more information http://wwwwwwwww.epdmcoatings.com/liquid-rubber.html

Advice from Pakistan. Oh my!

Fist sized hole? He should tell his wife to put panties on and cover it
up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:48:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Advice from Pakistan. Oh my!

Fist sized hole? He should tell his wife to put panties on and cover it
up.

....bleaching my eyes out after that visual