Default Wall Hole Repair - Cost to repair?

I am not the "fix-it" type. I have an hole in my son's room wall that
has grown to about 12 inches at it's widest. What would it cost to
have someone fix it for me?

Thank you,

Scott
Las Vegas

Thanks Jim for the tip.
Anyone know about what I can expect it to cost?

Thanks.

Scott

G Henslee

Eric Tonks wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks Jim for the tip.

I have an hole in my son's room wall that
has grown to about 12 inches at it's wides
Anyone know about what I can expect it to cost?

Thanks.

Scott

Anything from one rupee or dinar or many dollars, depending on where you are
on the planet, and even within your own country, and depending on the
material the wall is made from and the finish. Like asking how much is a
house.

And, depending upon if the repair man has to dig the kid's head out of
the wall.
Eric Tonks

Anything from one rupee or dinar or many dollars, depending on where you are
on the planet, and even within your own country, and depending on the
material the wall is made from and the finish. Like asking how much is a
house.

Without details, even people with knowledge cannot determine a price.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Jim for the tip.
Anyone know about what I can expect it to cost?

Thanks.

Scott

SteveB

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am not the "fix-it" type. I have an hole in my son's room wall that
has grown to about 12 inches at it's widest. What would it cost to
have someone fix it for me?

Thank you,

Scott
Las Vegas

The cost of materials would be about fifty cents, IF a person had a piece of
drywall, and some mud. Fifty cents might be a little high.

But, as with anything, you are paying someone who knows what they are doing
to fix what you can't. I would think that you could find a handyman to do
it for about $25. There are handyman services that will do it for a little
more, and you have the satisfaction of hiring a licensed repairman, and a
guaranteed price and outcome.

I suggest that you ask around and find a decent handyman and keep their
card. Usually, you can find one among friends or neighbors.

What do you charge for two hours of what you do? That is how long it is
gonna take someone to drive to your house, do the work, and drive home.

Steve
Las Vegas

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am not the "fix-it" type. I have an hole in my son's room wall that
has grown to about 12 inches at it's widest. What would it cost to
have someone fix it for me?

Thank you,

Scott
Las Vegas

Depends. Is it the sheetrock? The outside block? Siding? Land mine
explosion? Is the wall textured?

No one will show up at your door for less than $25 to $50 and they will
probably charge you $50 an hour or more to do the work.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

DanG

In order to repair properly will require 2-4 trips. The actual
repair and material are nothing. Each coat of finish needs to dry
overnight. It will require at least 2 trips (may require a third)
with drywall compound, a third for paint

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am not the "fix-it" type. I have an hole in my son's room wall
that
has grown to about 12 inches at it's widest. What would it cost
have someone fix it for me?

Thank you,

Scott
Las Vegas

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

I will do the job for you for $3800 labor and $1200 materials. Plus
you pay my airfare to and from the job, furnish meals, a hotel room,
and provide me with all the beer I need to complete the job.

If you furnish the material, I know a few guys that will do it just for the
beer. May take a couple of days though.

"But, as with anything, you are paying someone who knows what they are
doing
to fix what you can't. I would think that you could find a handyman to
do
it for about $25."

Unlikely you'll find anyone to do it for anywhere near that price or be
satisfied with the result. This job is going to take several trips,
because you have to do it in steps. I wouldn't do this job in a house
next door for that price. I'd say figure on $100.

SteveB

I wrote the following:

"But, as with anything, you are paying someone who knows what they are
doing
to fix what you can't. I would think that you could find a handyman to
do
it for about $25."

And someone responded:

Unlikely you'll find anyone to do it for anywhere near that price or be
satisfied with the result. This job is going to take several trips,
because you have to do it in steps. I wouldn't do this job in a house
next door for that price. I'd say figure on $100.

You are right. The $100 figure is probably more what the man is going to
have to pay. I have a regular handyman that does a lot of maintenence and
building on my house and my rental. He gives me a break, and for this kind
of job, he would knock it out when he was here doing something else. Most
likely, I would do it.

I lose perspective when I think of things as someone who doesn't have a clue
how to do such a job, and has to go out into the public market to find a
kind sort of Ben Dover repairman.

It is advisable to find and keep a reputable repairman type. Lots of times,
they are close by, you just have to ask around to find those with hidden
talents. A guy who is running a business will charge $100. A friend or
acquaintence who just knows how to do it will probably charge less. Lots of
retired people who would do it for less than $100.

For $100, a guy could buy a book on home repairs ($15), a razor knife ($5),
a drywall knife ($15), a sheet of drywall ($10), some mud ($5), a roll of
tape ($5) and have some dough left over. Plus own the tools and materials
for the next time.

Steve

Waldo

SteveB wrote:
I wrote the following:

[...]

Yes, and after the wall is patched the patch area will have
to be primed and painted unless you can live with the big
white patch showing. Probably end up painting that one wall
to get a decent colour match unless some touch up paint was
left over from when the room was originally pained.

Waldo

Wall corner repair Rick Home Repair 8 August 22nd 04 06:46 PM
Scutle hole in knee wall Amphibian Home Repair 1 March 14th 04 02:32 PM
making hole in wall of brick house j j Home Repair 3 November 12th 03 03:09 AM
Concrete retaining wall issue revisited jeff Home Ownership 1 August 20th 03 12:06 AM
Another strange wall repair idea N. Thornton UK diy 1 August 12th 03 02:07 PM