Senior Member

Default OT - Using PDF reader programs

Right now I'm using Nitro Reader 3 and Adobe Acrobat Reader XI to read PDF files.

In Nitro Reader 3, I can use the "snapshot" tool to select a certain portion of a page in a PDF document to copy to the Nitro Reader 3 clipboard. Then I can open either Windows Paint or Adobe Photoshop, select New in the File menu, and then just press "Paste" in the Edit menu to copy the selected text or graphic from the PDF file into Paint or Photoshop.

Is there any way I can do the same thing in Adobe Acrobat Reader XI? From what I see, it won't even let me select an area of a page to copy.

So, with Acrobat Reader XI, if I want to send someone a 40 kilobyte diagram, I have to send the whole 37 megabyte PDF file that it's in, and then direct them to the correct page of that file. Which I find after careful consideration, is stupidity standing on stilts.

Last edited by nestork : February 18th 14 at 05:43 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Excessive noise from second floor toilet

nestork wrote:
Anyhow, what I meant to say was:

1. open the stud cavity on the lower floor where the vent stack is

2. cover the vent stack and the interior surfaces of the stud cavity
with wall paper or masking tape just so that you can always revert to
the original situation should you want/need to. (I never like to do
anything that I know in advance is gonna be hard to undo.)

3. Use 3" drywall or deck screws to fasten 2X2 Spruce nailers to the
offsetting studs. Those 2X2's will provide a nailing surface on each
side of the stud cavity.

4. Put some wax paper over the stud cavity and drywall screw some
plywood (a foot or two high) to the 2X2 nailers. Now fill the wall
cavity up to the top of that plywood with expanding foam. Allow 24 hour
for the foam to cure and cut off any excess that comes over the top of
the plywood. Acetone easily dissolves uncured or cured expanding foam.
You can buy the narrow plastic tubing that comes with the expanding foam
caulk at any hardware store or home center, allowing you to inject the
foam without having to maneuver the can into and out of the stud
cavity.

I don't think foam will work well, and may even transmit more noise.

Greg

CAD programs Gary Woodworking 8 February 21st 07 01:54 AM
CAD Programs JJM Woodworking 7 December 9th 05 02:13 PM
Kitchen Design 3D programs, Interior 3D design, Landscape design programs, futa UK diy 0 November 16th 05 10:20 PM
,,CAD/CAM/CAE PROGRAMS, David Willis Electronics Repair 0 December 28th 04 04:35 AM
,CAD/CAM/CAE PROGRAMS, David Willis Electronics Repair 1 December 17th 04 06:36 PM