nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Default OT - Using PDF reader programs

Right now I'm using Nitro Reader 3 and Adobe Acrobat Reader XI to read PDF files.

In Nitro Reader 3, I can use the "snapshot" tool to select a certain portion of a page in a PDF document to copy to the Nitro Reader 3 clipboard. Then I can open either Windows Paint or Adobe Photoshop, select New in the File menu, and then just press "Paste" in the Edit menu to copy the selected text or graphic from the PDF file into Paint or Photoshop.

Is there any way I can do the same thing in Adobe Acrobat Reader XI? From what I see, it won't even let me select an area of a page to copy.

So, with Acrobat Reader XI, if I want to send someone a 40 kilobyte diagram, I have to send the whole 37 megabyte PDF file that it's in, and then direct them to the correct page of that file. Which I find after careful consideration, is stupidity standing on stilts.

Last edited by nestork : February 18th 14 at 05:43 AM