Posted to rec.woodworking
JJM

Default CAD Programs

Saw the post regarding TurboCad. I am wondering what other CAD programs
folks here use that are for the MAC?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom H

Here's a year old review of CAD software with a couple for the MAC.
Didn't read it, but you may want to check it out.

http://www.rd.com/americanwoodworker...ide/TT_CAD.pdf

@comcast.net wrote in message ...
Saw the post regarding TurboCad. I am wondering what other CAD programs
folks here use that are for the MAC?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
JJM wrote:

Saw the post regarding TurboCad. I am wondering what other CAD programs
folks here use that are for the MAC?

Give Vectorworks a look. (Formerly MiniCAD)
www.nemetschek.net

or

SketchUp.
Posted to rec.woodworking
MB

JJM wrote:
Saw the post regarding TurboCad. I am wondering what other CAD programs
folks here use that are for the MAC?

I used macdraft back in the "classic" days. It's updated for OS X:

http://www.microspot.com/products/macdraftpe/index.htm

Mitch

Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

A copy of a recent post by me and since then i have used it to design my
bookcases as seen on my site
very easy to use and perfect for cabinet bookcase work and really cheap

Hi Folks

I have just purchased this £60 aus dollars this is the most fantastic
piece of software
it plans cases beds etc cut list etc. Have been looking for someting like
this for ages
Thought I would share my experience. Check it out. Cheap and easy to use.

Footnote** this sounds like a bloddy advert sorry its just made my year.

http://www.homia.com.au/

cheers
connor

www.connoraston.com

--
http://www.connoraston.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
realeyz

I use Maya - not a CAD program, but mainly used for 3D visual design
and pre-visualization. Much of the visual effects you see in the
movies is done in part with Maya. And yes I am a professional visual
effects and motion graphics designer.

- todd

Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

" wrote:

JJM wrote in news:f-KdnVVcMd--RQneRVn-
:

Saw the post regarding TurboCad. I am wondering what other CAD programs
folks here use that are for the MAC?

I use an orginal version of Vellum/colbolt/graphite called drawing board.
It was orginally under $100 and now they want 700+ for it. It's
discontinued but great for 2D stuff. drafting assistent.
Made by Ashler.

I don't know anything about their mac version, but based on what you
say it sounds very much like the windows version. If so, I'll give
this a big "me too". Great program with very intuitive operation (rare
for CAD programs in my experience). I wish they would release it to
the public domain.