Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Skid-Proofing Tiles?

Somebody layed tiles over the concrete slab patio behind our house.

Bad Idea. These things redefine the phrase "Slippery When Wet".

First thing that comes to mind is to apply some sort of anti-skid to
them, but I have no clue what that might be.

Is there anything out there?

I'm resisting the urge to tear them up because:

- I have not idea how well the grouting or whatever
they are set in adheres to the cement below and,
therefore, how hard it will be to get a smooth
surface again.

- It's complicated by the fact that we had paving
stone sidewalks put in and, at the same time,
had the contractor extend the patio a little
on 3 sides with proper paving stones - so
whatever we replaced the tiles with would have
to be the same thickness as the tiles to match
elevation with the surrounding pavers.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Somebody layed tiles over the concrete slab patio behind our house.

Bad Idea. These things redefine the phrase "Slippery When Wet".

First thing that comes to mind is to apply some sort of anti-skid to
them, but I have no clue what that might be.

Is there anything out there?

I'm resisting the urge to tear them up because:

- I have not idea how well the grouting or whatever
they are set in adheres to the cement below and,
therefore, how hard it will be to get a smooth
surface again.

- It's complicated by the fact that we had paving
stone sidewalks put in and, at the same time,
had the contractor extend the patio a little
on 3 sides with proper paving stones - so
whatever we replaced the tiles with would have
to be the same thickness as the tiles to match
elevation with the surrounding pavers.

I have no idea if this works...it's just something I found a link to in
another forum. Hint: I used this thing called Google.

http://slipperytile.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/7/2014 5:54 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I have no idea if this works...it's just something I found a link to in
another forum. Hint: I used this thing called Google.

http://slipperytile.com/

That looks interesting if it works.

My only suggestion it to wipe on epoxy grout and leave some residue on
the tile instead of wiping it clean.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per DerbyDad03:
I have no idea if this works...it's just something I found a link to in
another forum. Hint: I used this thing called Google.

http://slipperytile.com/

That's the kind of thing I was hoping for.

Now to find somebody who has actually used it and can say it works...
Outside...
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" writes:

Per DerbyDad03:
I have no idea if this works...it's just something I found a link to in
another forum. Hint: I used this thing called Google.

http://slipperytile.com/

That's the kind of thing I was hoping for.

Now to find somebody who has actually used it and can say it works...
Outside...

If it's sold on Amazon, I often find good reviews.

--
Dan Espen

Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per DerbyDad03:
I have no idea if this works...it's just something I found a link to in
another forum. Hint: I used this thing called Google.

http://slipperytile.com/

That's the kind of thing I was hoping for.

Now to find somebody who has actually used it and can say it works...
Outside...

The suggestion came from the second post in this thread...

http://m.hometalk.com/#/post/509516

The company that suggested it...

http://www.woodbridgeenvironmental.com/

Sand in deck paint for non-skid surface? Simpson[_2_] Home Repair 45 September 17th 15 02:01 PM
WC pan skid marks David J UK diy 50 December 23rd 10 02:29 PM
Non skid finish Vic Baron Woodworking 5 January 6th 05 04:12 PM
Skid-steer or "Bobcat" John Smith Metalworking 30 August 20th 04 01:01 AM
Slip proofing tiles Dave Nicholls UK diy 1 November 23rd 03 02:01 PM