Vic Baron

Default Non skid finish

I'm going to build a portable bar for the family room. I saw one several
years ago that had a folding top that, when unfolded, had a black non skid
surface. I can't recall if it was a laminate, an adhesive backed product or
a painted on surface. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this and where
to look?

Thanx,

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

sam

I'm going to build a portable bar for the family room. I saw one several
years ago that had a folding top that, when unfolded, had a black non skid
surface. I can't recall if it was a laminate, an adhesive backed product

or
a painted on surface. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this and where
to look?

Sand mixed with Poly? I tried some name brand stuff (tread tex or
something) bought in a one pound bag at the local paint shop mixed with
latex floor paint. It did exactly what it was supposed to do, but the paint
did peel sooner than I'd hoped. I attribute the peeling to the fact that
the undercoat (oil based zinser primer) hadn't completely cured and the
latex top coat was applied when the temperature dropped below 50 deg F (and
dew settled on). I think it would work well when applied properly though.
Might even work mixed with a poly or shellac (tinted zinser shellac?).

-sam

Unisaw A100

Go to Google and search for a thread entitled, "The Opposite
Of UHMW?"

Your question is basically the same as the one in that
thread.

Me? I put a crow bar in my wallet and bought the anti slip
tape from Rob Lee. According to the delivery confirm I
should have it soon. Too bad because I realized I also need
a couple hunnert feet of PSA PVC edge tape (white) and I
could have piggy backed the whole order.

UA100

SawDust

There is an adhesive backed product called "Anti-skid" comes in a roll
type tape and various sized sheets. It's made for floor and stair
tread applications where you want a non-slip surface. Texture wise,
it's like a polycoated sheet of medium sandpaper. Home Centers
stock it. It's washable etc.

Pat