Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Completely OT

On Friday I will be one of the finalists he

http://pabsttheater.org/show/themothgrandslam2014

I invited all of my friends and I am in utter and total disbelief.

Apparently it's sold out!

Other than the Peace Museum event in 1995 , this type of stuff just does
not happen to me.

If only I could get them to put my name up in lights...
the place would be empty and all my friends could attend.

sheesh
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:05:03 -0600, philo* wrote:

On Friday I will be one of the finalists he

http://pabsttheater.org/show/themothgrandslam2014

Congrats.

I invited all of my friends and I am in utter and total disbelief.

Apparently it's sold out!

Other than the Peace Museum event in 1995 , this type of stuff just does
not happen to me.

What was the Peace Museum event?

If only I could get them to put my name up in lights...
the place would be empty and all my friends could attend.

If you place, let us know when it will be on the radio. I listen to
that show some times.

sheesh

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/30/2014 06:34 AM, micky wrote:

http://pabsttheater.org/show/themothgrandslam2014

Congrats.

Thanks. I did not realize how big a deal this was.
I even saw on the Craig's List "Wanted" section people looking for
tickets...
damn is this the Superbowl?

Other than the Peace Museum event in 1995 , this type of stuff just does
not happen to me.

What was the Peace Museum event?

I was invited there to do two of my most famous poems back in 1995.
It was to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the ending of WW-II.

One of the poems dealt with the bombing of Nagasaki.
All my life I had been thinking about it. My father was among the first
troops to enter the city and he described it so vividly I almost felt as
if I were their.

Though the poem dealt with the absolute horror of nuclear
destruction...I never blamed Truman for "pushing the button".

VIZ: Look at this sad day for all of humanity.

Here is a photo of me and my wife at the event

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...77756948_o.jpg

My pen name is Philo T. Ogden

The other poem was a long "visual image" poem that had nothing to do
with politics. I recited it first. It was in the spirit of John Giorno.

If only I could get them to put my name up in lights...
the place would be empty and all my friends could attend.

If you place, let us know when it will be on the radio. I listen to
that show some times.

sheesh

Hopefully the entire show will be pod-casted.

There is no way in hell I'm going to win this one though.
I really lucked out just getting to the finals.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I goofed

The Moth Slam tomorrow is for those who won prior to September.
Since I won in November, I will not be scheduled until the next one.

As they say:

That's show biz.
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo* wrote in :

The Moth Slam tomorrow is for those who won prior to September.
Since I won in November, I will not be scheduled until the next one.

Nobody cares.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky wrote:
philo wrote in :

The Moth Slam tomorrow is for those who won prior to September.
Since I won in November, I will not be scheduled until the next one.

Nobody cares.

And just what in the hell makes you think you can speak for me or any
other poster here ? Now go crawl back under your rock you slimy
invertebrate worm .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry Coombs" wrote in news:P0yGu.375376$cZ.92105
@fx31.iad:

Zaky Waky wrote:
philo wrote in :

The Moth Slam tomorrow is for those who won prior to September.
Since I won in November, I will not be scheduled until the next one.

Nobody cares.

And just what in the hell makes you think you can speak for me or any
other poster here ? Now go crawl back under your rock you slimy
invertebrate worm .

Ok, one scumbag cares.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 09:02:10 -0600, philo* wrote:

On 01/30/2014 06:34 AM, micky wrote:

http://pabsttheater.org/show/themothgrandslam2014

Congrats.

Thanks. I did not realize how big a deal this was.
I even saw on the Craig's List "Wanted" section people looking for
tickets...
damn is this the Superbowl?

Cold weather forecasts had lowered the price of superbowl tickets to
1500 dollars.

Otherwise, yes.

Other than the Peace Museum event in 1995 , this type of stuff just does
not happen to me.

What was the Peace Museum event?

I was invited there to do two of my most famous poems back in 1995.
It was to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the ending of WW-II.

You have famous poems?

[...]

So the stories are actually true??

I think they said that, but somehow I wasnt' convnced. Of course I'm
hard to convince so maybe it wasn't them,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2014 5:23 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in
news:P0yGu.375376$cZ.92105 @fx31.iad:

Zaky Waky wrote:
philo wrote in
:

The Moth Slam tomorrow is for those who won prior to
September. Since I won in November, I will not be scheduled
until the next one.

Nobody cares.

And just what in the hell makes you think you can speak for me or
any other poster here ? Now go crawl back under your rock you
slimy invertebrate worm .

Ok, one scumbag cares.

I care, philo is a nice guy, perhaps a much better person than you are.
I may disagree about some of his beliefs but he's not mean and nasty
about it and I won't treat him with disrespect. I suppose that makes me
a scumbag too. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I care, philo is a nice guy, perhaps a much better person than you are.
I may disagree about some of his beliefs but he's not mean and nasty
about it and I won't treat him with disrespect. I suppose that makes me
a scumbag too. o_O

TDD

Thanks.

BTW: If I get into huge arguments with people here it usually does not
mean I'm ****ed or anything. Most of the people I don't agree with at
least know how to debate to some degree.

Wacky Zacky has been in my kf as he does not even have the basics and is
not worth dealing with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/3/2014 9:19 AM, philo wrote:
O I care, philo is a nice guy, perhaps a much better person than
you are. I may disagree about some of his beliefs but he's not mean
and nasty about it and I won't treat him with disrespect. I suppose
that makes me a scumbag too. o_O

TDD

Thanks.

BTW: If I get into huge arguments with people here it usually does
not mean I'm ****ed or anything. Most of the people I don't agree
with at least know how to debate to some degree.

Wacky Zacky has been in my kf as he does not even have the basics and
is not worth dealing with.

One of my grownup girlfriends whom I adore told me that she voted for
Bill Clinton because she didn't like the way the other guy looked. She
voted for Bill Clinton because he was pretty. She had no clue as to what
his political platform was so her vote for President was based solely on
appearance. I have friends who are at opposite ends of the
political beliefs spectrum than I am and we call each other horrible
names all the time when we argue. The big difference is, we don't take
it personally and as a threat. It's so funny that those, who are led
around by their nose rings by the elites of any political party, are
often quite irrational in their thinking. ^_^

Oh yea, I don't killfile anyone. It's best to know who your enemas are. ^_^

TDD

Completely OT bm[_2_] UK diy 11 March 26th 13 03:02 PM
Completely OT Reentrant UK diy 26 November 24th 08 07:50 PM
And Now For Something Completely Different . . . Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 February 22nd 08 01:10 PM
And now, for something completely different - charlieb Woodworking 19 May 20th 07 05:20 PM
And now - something completely different. charlieb Woodturning 9 May 16th 07 04:13 AM