Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT A question for the safety conscience

Kugel ball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zso7ChaQXQ
I don't get out much and I have never seen one of these in person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kugel_ball
According to the chart, the closest one to me would be Gatlinburg,
Tennessee at Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. I have actually been
there before but before it was on display.

Anyway my question is exactly how thin is a "thin layer of water."
Could someone get their hand underneath the ball? The one in the
video looks like there is enough room. What happens if the power goes
out? To keep that ball suspended would take a huge generator and/or a
room full of batteries.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2014 8:31 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
Kugel ball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zso7ChaQXQ
I don't get out much and I have never seen one of these in person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kugel_ball
According to the chart, the closest one to me would be Gatlinburg,
Tennessee at Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. I have actually been
there before but before it was on display.

Anyway my question is exactly how thin is a "thin layer of water."
Could someone get their hand underneath the ball? The one in the
video looks like there is enough room. What happens if the power goes
out? To keep that ball suspended would take a huge generator and/or a
room full of batteries.

That is almost as fascinating as the colored ping pong ball trick...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/27/2014 08:31 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
Kugel ball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zso7ChaQXQ
I don't get out much and I have never seen one of these in person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kugel_ball
According to the chart, the closest one to me would be Gatlinburg,
Tennessee at Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. I have actually been
there before but before it was on display.

Anyway my question is exactly how thin is a "thin layer of water."
Could someone get their hand underneath the ball? The one in the
video looks like there is enough room. What happens if the power goes
out? To keep that ball suspended would take a huge generator and/or a
room full of batteries.

It's on a very thin film of water. (Less than the width of a piece of
paper) I've seen one and you could not get your finger under it. As far
as I know it's just pumped water and does not take a huge amount of power.