Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For Those That Leave A Faucet Dripping In The Cold

Something tells me this store owner didn't quite get the concept...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/Faucet-Drip

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps67746d28.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/26/2014 9:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Something tells me this store owner didn't quite get the concept...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/Faucet-Drip

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps67746d28.jpg

I had to replace a frost proof spigot for a used car dealer because his
drain bamaged employee left the hose on it full of water. It actually
burst inside the wall. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 07:19:08 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/26/2014 9:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Something tells me this store owner didn't quite get the concept...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/Faucet-Drip

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps67746d28.jpg

I had to replace a frost proof spigot for a used car dealer because his
drain bamaged employee left the hose on it full of water. It actually
burst inside the wall. o_O

TDD

But, it was a used car dealer, did that give you a little sadistic pleasure?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:06:48 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Something tells me this store owner didn't quite get the concept...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/Faucet-Drip

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps67746d28.jpg

I think a lot of people don't get the concept. And I doubt
that in most cases a drip is going to prevent freezing. How much
water you need to flow would seem to depend on how exposed to the
cold the pipe in question is. A 1" pipe that is exposed to 15F along
10 feet would seem to require a more substantial flow than a 1/2"
pipe that's exposed for 6 inches. I don't think a drip is going
to stop that larger, longer pipe from freezing
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
Something tells me this store owner didn't quite get the concept...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/Faucet-Drip

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps67746d28.jpg

Maybe he did. It sure looks to me like it is still dripping. Therefore,
unfrozen. With some ice insulation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:06:48 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Something tells me this store owner didn't quite get the concept...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/Faucet-Drip

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps67746d28.jpg

I think a lot of people don't get the concept. And I doubt
that in most cases a drip is going to prevent freezing. How much
water you need to flow would seem to depend on how exposed to the
cold the pipe in question is. A 1" pipe that is exposed to 15F along
10 feet would seem to require a more substantial flow than a 1/2"
pipe that's exposed for 6 inches. I don't think a drip is going
to stop that larger, longer pipe from freezing

In firefighting it is a topic that is discussed
every winter. Leave the pumps dry or wet? It's
also fun melting the couplings from the exhaust
of the trucks so you can throw the sections in a
truck to take them back to the firehouse to thaw.
Sometimes at a big fire you just couldn't drain it
fast enough...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For Those That Leave A Faucet Dripping In The Cold Used cars

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 1/26/2014 9:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Something tells me this store owner didn't quite get the concept...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/Faucet-Drip

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps67746d28.jpg

I had to replace a frost proof spigot for a used car dealer because his
drain bamaged employee left the hose on it full of water. It actually
burst inside the wall. o_O

TDD

Did the used cars have antifreeze in them? Did you
taste it?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

I had to replace a frost proof spigot for a used car dealer because his
drain bamaged employee left the hose on it full of water. It actually
burst inside the wall. o_O

TDD

Up nawth, that's a regular occurance.

--