Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight 68853

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-volt...ver-68853.html

I just got one of these impact drivers. A fellow I used
to work for really loved his Panasonic brand one of these.
I borrowed a similar one for a couple jobs I did, and it
seemed to help. Compared to a cordless drill without the
impact.

Anyone else have an impact driver like this? I've only
used it for a quick test. The LED light on front is a
good feature, sadly the light aims about an inch below
where it's needed. I like how I can set the direction
to center, and use the LED without the driver. Might come
in handy some day.

I like how the charger has two lights, for "power on",
blinking = charging, steady = full charge.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:58:23 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-volt...ver-68853.html

I just got one of these impact drivers. A fellow I used
to work for really loved his Panasonic brand one of these.
I borrowed a similar one for a couple jobs I did, and it
seemed to help. Compared to a cordless drill without the
impact.

Anyone else have an impact driver like this? I've only
used it for a quick test. The LED light on front is a
good feature, sadly the light aims about an inch below
where it's needed. I like how I can set the direction
to center, and use the LED without the driver. Might come
in handy some day.

I like how the charger has two lights, for "power on",
blinking = charging, steady = full charge.

....yeah but is limited to impact mode, right?

I'm about to order this. Better batteries and more torque in impact
mode (800 in-lbs). Price just dropped (again ~$30).

https://www.rockwelltools.com/en-US/12v_lithium_3rill.aspx

•Used for virtually all drilling and driving applications
•Utilizes quick-change and traditional bits
•Conveniently fits in kitchen drawer or pants pocket
•Works in difficult, tight spaces & angles where others can't
•Easy to carry, store, and operate
•Drives screws and bolts easily with one hand
•Includes: 3RILL Tool, (2) 12V LithiumTech Batteries, 30-Min. Quick
Charger, (2) 2" Screwdriver Bits, (3) Hex Shank Drill Bits & Rockwell
Carrying Case
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/2014 5:33 PM, Oren wrote:

...yeah but is limited to impact mode, right?

The Black and Decker that I used a couple
times would spin freely if there wasn't a
load, and only impact if the turn had some
resistance.

Not yet sure about the HF. The one screw I
put in (for test purposes) spin without
rattling, until it was almost completely in.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:06:09 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/22/2014 5:33 PM, Oren wrote:

...yeah but is limited to impact mode, right?

The Black and Decker that I used a couple
times would spin freely if there wasn't a
load, and only impact if the turn had some
resistance.

Not yet sure about the HF. The one screw I
put in (for test purposes) spin without
rattling, until it was almost completely in.

Just confirmed my order:

12V LithiumTech™ 3RILL™ 3-in-1 Drill/Driver/Impact Driver

Any complaints will come later
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/2014 9:15 PM, Oren wrote:

Just confirmed my order:

12V LithiumTech™ 3RILL™ 3-in-1 Drill/Driver/Impact Driver

Any complaints will come later

I hope it's totally ideal, for you. I got the nicad
one cause it had more power capacity.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 21:32:04 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/22/2014 9:15 PM, Oren wrote:

Just confirmed my order:

12V LithiumTech™ 3RILL™ 3-in-1 Drill/Driver/Impact Driver

Any complaints will come later

I hope it's totally ideal, for you. I got the nicad
one cause it had more power capacity.

Should do me well around the home front for now. Less costly than my
current need to have my Bosch 18v batteries (3) rebuilt for the
moment. (all dead)

They get done later or I sell the 5 piece set of good tools.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight / bosch batts

On 1/22/2014 9:53 PM, Oren wrote:

Should do me well around the home front for now. Less costly than my
current need to have my Bosch 18v batteries (3) rebuilt for the
moment. (all dead)

They get done later or I sell the 5 piece set of good tools.

It's been a while since I looked at Primecell web
site, but 18 volters probably about $50 or so each
for rebuilding.
http://primecell.com/pctools.htm

Hey, $48! I wasn't that far off. Wow.

I got a battery pack or two on Ebay, and been
satisfied. I wonder some times, about cordless
tools. I've got several which all take different
batteries and chargers. Sometimes I think that
most of the time I'm near 110 volt house power,
so I ought buy cord power tools, and skip the
little bit of convenience.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 13:58:23 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-volt...ver-68853.html

I just got one of these impact drivers. A fellow I used
to work for really loved his Panasonic brand one of these.
I borrowed a similar one for a couple jobs I did, and it
seemed to help. Compared to a cordless drill without the
impact.

Anyone else have an impact driver like this? I've only
used it for a quick test. The LED light on front is a
good feature, sadly the light aims about an inch below
where it's needed. I like how I can set the direction
to center, and use the LED without the driver. Might come
in handy some day.

I like how the charger has two lights, for "power on",
blinking = charging, steady = full charge.

My wife bought me a Rockwell 3Rill, came with two rechargeable batteris
and lifetime warranty on batteries. Extremely thrilled with that unit.
small about the size of a corded drill with NO lumps around the handle!

You can adjust the depth for doing drywall, adjust the torque for those
'gentle' tasks, and the torque goes up to where the two inch long
construction screws [recommended here with the square type head, not
philip] simply went through the 2 x 4, had to turn the torque down on some
boards. some boards were tougher and there is built-in automatic 800 ft lb
impact when maxed out [can turn that feature off if you wish] however when
I hit tough boards, I usually grab the little drill attachment and make a
pilot hole, then the screw seats in. oh yeah built in magnet if you wish
to 'hold' a screw so you can do one hand operation.

The LED lights up where you're drilling, but doesn't come on until you
drill AND there's that irritating shadowing, but it's useable. The one
time I ran a battery down, when I hit the switch, the LED was blinking,
simply popped in the second battery and went on. The first dead battery
was fully recharged in an hour, albeit warm.

All in all, one happy camper!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:33:55 -0700, Oren wrote:

..snip....

I'm about to order this. Better batteries and more torque in impact
mode (800 in-lbs). Price just dropped (again ~$30).

https://www.rockwelltools.com/en-US/12v_lithium_3rill.aspx

€¢Used for virtually all drilling and driving applications
€¢Utilizes quick-change and traditional bits
€¢Conveniently fits in kitchen drawer or pants pocket
€¢Works in difficult, tight spaces & angles where others can't
€¢Easy to carry, store, and operate
€¢Drives screws and bolts easily with one hand
€¢Includes: 3RILL Tool, (2) 12V LithiumTech Batteries, 30-Min. Quick
Charger, (2) 2" Screwdriver Bits, (3) Hex Shank Drill Bits & Rockwell
Carrying Case

800 in lb, not ft lb. earlier post was from memory.

Oren, I got the full blown unit and it was worth it!

It has some really long screwdriver shanks, too. and extenders with
built-in outside 'floating' tube so you can hold while the internal shaft
rotates.

And, if you're a Seattle Seahawks fan, has 'same green color' built in
striping, that glows if you shine a black light on it!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:14:38 -0700, RobertMacy
wrote:

[...]

Robert,

Do you recall where they ship from? My order says they use USPS, but
the tracking indicates Fed Ex picked it up and will deliver.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:35:46 -0700, Oren wrote:

...snip...

Robert,

Do you recall where they ship from? My order says they use USPS, but
the tracking indicates Fed Ex picked it up and will deliver.

Rockwell's policy as of sometime last year is to ship initially either via
UPS or FedEx with either shipper then delivering the item to your local
USPS Office to perform the distribution to your home, (which a lot more
companies are doing, without telling you). Thus, your tracking information
shows a USPS tracking tag. Not sure, but believe you can't find out
ANYTHING about the item's location UNTIL it is accepted for delivery at
your locak USPS. Bummer. I complained to them, but they don't care. But,
at least I got to complain to a person, a US citizen at that.

If this is any help, what shows as the address for return of a versacut
saw is:
RW Return Center
9006 C Perimeter Woods
Charlotte, NC 28216