Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garbage disposal switch advice

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:08:00 -0500, BenignBodger
wrote:

On 1/23/2014 11:44 AM, micky wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:12:10 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 16:30:36 -0500, BenignBodger
wrote:

On 1/22/2014 9:55 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Installing under-sink garbage disposer in daughters old (1912) home. Running a new 20 amp circuit from down below (basement)is no problem. Placing a switch is a problem. Her back splash is ceramic tile and I would hate to cut into it. Also would be difficult to run a wire from under-sink to the back splash. Are there any remote/automated switch possibilities that are applicable to this situation?

Some of you must have faced this in the past. All comments greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary

http://www.insinkerator.com/en-us/Ho...TopSwitch.aspx

I looked at the pdf file. the brochure. What does the dispenser
dispense.

Nice. Somehow I always thought the push button switches operated
differently.

With all the discussion of putting the switch at a safe distance, the
brochure shows this switch only a foot from the mouth of the disposal .

The question is one of electrical safety,

Maybe for you that is the question, but it was not the question most
people in this thread discussed.

not someone with an irrational
desire to cram their hand into a spinning disposal.

Nor was that the topic, but there are almost always more than two
choices.

The topic discussed here was accidentally turning on the disposal when
one's hand was in it. Nothing to do with irrationallity.

Read the posts again if you don't believe me.

The pneumatic switch
setup provides 100% electrical isolation and flexibility in positioning and
those are its primary purposes. AFAIK there are places where this or a
similar arrangement are mandatory in the electrical code although I've
never lived in one of them.

Nothing in your post changes what I said.

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo* posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 01/22/2014 09:15 AM, Paul Drahn wrote:

I removed the GD and switch because the home was on septic tank and I
didn't need all the vagative matter in the tank.

Paul

Oh my, what a typo!

Let's not get anal.

--
Tekkie

Garbage disposal JIMMIE Home Repair 1 December 28th 09 10:33 PM
Garbage Disposal Advice Frank Warner Home Repair 8 November 5th 09 02:44 PM
garbage disposal Dottie Home Repair 7 March 31st 08 11:21 PM
Insinkerator 17-55 Batch Garbage Disposal Switch Failure frank1492 Home Repair 3 December 16th 06 12:49 AM
Insinkerator 17-55 Batch Garbage Disposal Switch Failure frank1492 Home Repair 0 December 13th 06 12:01 AM