Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Taxes: who pays what

I noticed a lot of political stuff here, so I thought some of you might
be interested in this.

Annual [1]summary of the latest federal income tax data broken down by
income
percentile (the IRS recently released the 2011 numbers).

Here are some of the highlights:

* In 2011, the top 50 percent of all
taxpayers paid 97 percent of all income
taxes; the top 5 percent paid 57
percent of all income taxes; and the top 1
percent paid 35 percent of
all income taxes;

* For all taxpayers, the average tax rate increased
from 11.81 percent to
12.54 percent;

* Average tax rate increased for
all groups and remained essentially flat for
the top 0.1 percent;

* Economy improved, pushing incomes and taxes paid for all income
groups higher, except for those in the top 0.1 percent.

Each year, this
is one of our most popular resources for taxpayers, lawmakers,
and
reporters. I hope you find it useful. Please let me know if you have any
questions or
comments.

1.
http://taxfoundation.org/article/sum...ncome-tax-data

2. http://taxfoundation.org/support-tax-foundation

OT Taxes My Proposed Taxes Fairness Bill of 2012 MarkK[_2_] Home Repair 139 April 24th 12 03:27 AM
OT/It Pays to Be Old ChairMan Woodworking 0 December 6th 10 06:54 PM
Who pays? Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 28 February 18th 10 11:31 AM
OT -- VATs Mean Big Government -- The evidence from Europe shows that consumption taxes go hand-in-hand with rising income taxes Joseph Gwinn Metalworking 0 June 7th 09 02:29 PM
O/T: It Pays to Be Old Lew Hodgett Woodworking 10 December 13th 07 08:01 PM