DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Taxes: who pays what (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/366178-ot-taxes-who-pays-what.html)

Zaky Waky January 7th 14 12:05 AM

OT Taxes: who pays what

I noticed a lot of political stuff here, so I thought some of you might
be interested in this.

Annual [1]summary of the latest federal income tax data broken down by
income
percentile (the IRS recently released the 2011 numbers).

Here are some of the highlights:

* In 2011, the top 50 percent of all
taxpayers paid 97 percent of all income
taxes; the top 5 percent paid 57
percent of all income taxes; and the top 1
percent paid 35 percent of
all income taxes;

* For all taxpayers, the average tax rate increased
from 11.81 percent to
12.54 percent;

* Average tax rate increased for
all groups and remained essentially flat for
the top 0.1 percent;

* Economy improved, pushing incomes and taxes paid for all income
groups higher, except for those in the top 0.1 percent.

Each year, this
is one of our most popular resources for taxpayers, lawmakers,
and
reporters. I hope you find it useful. Please let me know if you have any
questions or
comments.

1.
http://taxfoundation.org/article/sum...ncome-tax-data