Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there any part of North America that is warm?

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 09:09:33 -0500, dgk wrote:

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 07:00:51 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Tues Jan 07, 2014, 07:00 AM

My outdoor thermometer says -1F.

First time in years I've seen minus F temps out
there. I guess NYS is not experiencing global
warming. At least, not this morning.

Actually, more heat in the atmosphere = more energetic systems, which
means wider swings in extremes. But we could use a bit of warming just
now.

Now we have the lefties trying to push "Global Warming" with no
warming. What morons!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2014 1:21 PM, Oren wrote:

He is certainly a crook. Do you live in Nevada by chance?

Not anymore. I like it there. The economy dumped in late 2007
and I left. My former nym was Irreverent Maximus. Forgot to
let anyone who cared know do to being tied up with other things.

Switching back and forth between different readers then upgrading
to the latest T-bird pretty much made me forget about such things
since I had not been on Usenet for quite some time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Tues Jan 07, 2014, 07:00 AM

My outdoor thermometer says -1F.

First time in years I've seen minus F temps out
there. I guess NYS is not experiencing global
warming. At least, not this morning.

Actually, more heat in the atmosphere = more energetic systems, which
means wider swings in extremes. But we could use a bit of warming just
now.

Not necessarily, but I do agree about the warming. I was hoping for a
mild winter. The past four or five have been rather cold, here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 16:02:02 -0600, SteveF wrote:

On 1/7/2014 1:21 PM, Oren wrote:

He is certainly a crook. Do you live in Nevada by chance?

Not anymore. I like it there. The economy dumped in late 2007
and I left.

....I made plenty of money on paper. Sold properties as soon as the
price doubled (2006).

Got us a warm single story (rare) to live in. 56°F feels like 59°F.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2014 5:33 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 16:02:02 -0600, SteveF wrote:

....I made plenty of money on paper. Sold properties as soon as the
price doubled (2006).

Got us a warm single story (rare) to live in. 56°F feels like 59°F.

Sounds like you timed it right. Up in the North things were probably
a bit more influenced by the Cali crowd. I lived in Reno from 90-93,
and went back in early 2007. The difference was appalling. The places
I used to trek around on the West side of town were tract housing.
No more desert or firing weapons 50 feet off of the road anymore. :-)

There was a tract being built in Stead that was never finished. It
was a great spot to watch the air races. Around Dec of 2007 the
company I was working for, based in New York, stopped all projects
and left town. They read the tea leaves. Something like 200 projects
got scrubbed. I hung in until Feb of 2009, but things were pretty
grim. I guess I just had a case of bad luck since another contractor
I was working for got into a mess and had to close up shop. Came
out to Arkansas on my way to Florida and kind of got stuck here.

The people are nice but the weather sucks. I want the people who messed
up my home state to move out here and let me have Cali back. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Tues Jan 07, 2014, 07:00 AM

My outdoor thermometer says -1F.

First time in years I've seen minus F temps out
there. I guess NYS is not experiencing global
warming. At least, not this morning.

Actually, more heat in the atmosphere = more energetic systems, which
means wider swings in extremes. But we could use a bit of warming just
now.

Not necessarily, but I do agree about the warming. I was hoping for a
mild winter. The past four or five have been rather cold, here.

And here in Ontario they've been "strange".. This winter is shaping
up to be a humdinger like the sixties and seventies (when we also had
a few "strange" winters) - I remember snowmobiling on the closed roads
New Years Day in the early seventies, as well as busting snow drifts
with the '43 Power Wagon - over the hood, and 3 or 4 days in a row
below zeroF.Three feet of snow on the back highway between Waterloo
and Elmira.

We are not there yet this year, but we got about a foot of snow
overnight sunday, -43 wind chill today, I ran the blower for 3 1/2
hours yesterday (2 in the morning and 1 1/2 in the afternoon) and a
friend of mine - a few years younger than me, died of a heart attack
last night after shoveling snow (age 59, I believe)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Tues Jan 07, 2014, 07:00 AM

My outdoor thermometer says -1F.

First time in years I've seen minus F temps out
there. I guess NYS is not experiencing global
warming. At least, not this morning.

Was 5F in Atlanta this morning. I'm headed to Detroit for ten days.
Fun, fun.

It's supposed to be 40 and rainy on Saturday, if that's any help.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

wrote:

[...]

Better in NYC today, 22F this morning so I was able to do my usual 13
mile bike ride to work. I do remember sometime in the 70s when we were
able to walk on the Hudson River. That was very cool so to speak. The
local lakes near my home are freezing over and that very rarely
happens.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

wrote:

Tues Jan 07, 2014, 07:00 AM

My outdoor thermometer says -1F.

First time in years I've seen minus F temps out
there. I guess NYS is not experiencing global
warming. At least, not this morning.

Actually, more heat in the atmosphere = more energetic systems, which
means wider swings in extremes. But we could use a bit of warming just
now.

Now we have the lefties trying to push "Global Warming" with no
warming. What morons!

So are you one of the guys who denies that the earth is getting warmer
or do you admit that but deny that human activity is the cause? Hard
to tell without a scorecard.

I sort of trust scientists, They may be wrong but believing that there
is some sort of planet wide conspriacy to delude the masses doesn't
ring quite true to me. By the time a secret gets to four people it
becomes real tough to keep. A few million is sure to produce a
significant leakage.

So, the clever scientists realized that some morons would point to
locally cold temperatures (climate vs weather) to decry global
warming, and so started referring to it as Climate Change.

I'm hoping that they are wrong, because if they are right, things are
not going to be so good for our descendents. Unfortunately, I think
they're right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hi,
Many can only see trees but forest. We are talking about LONG term trend
beyond our life span.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Tues Jan 07, 2014, 07:00 AM

My outdoor thermometer says -1F.

First time in years I've seen minus F temps out
there. I guess NYS is not experiencing global
warming. At least, not this morning.

Actually, more heat in the atmosphere = more energetic systems, which
means wider swings in extremes. But we could use a bit of warming just
now.

Now we have the lefties trying to push "Global Warming" with no
warming. What morons!

So are you one of the guys who denies that the earth is getting warmer
or do you admit that but deny that human activity is the cause? Hard
to tell without a scorecard.

Guess. The fact is that the Earth doesn't give a crap what you or I
think about the climate. It's going to do what it's going to do and
the fact that it's (recently) been both hotter and colder tells us
that it ain't us.

Complete bull****.

So, the clever scientists realized that some morons would point to
locally cold temperatures (climate vs weather) to decry global
warming, and so started referring to it as Climate Change.

Locally? LOL. You really aren't paying attention.

I'm hoping that they are wrong, because if they are right, things are
not going to be so good for our descendents. Unfortunately, I think
they're right.

Bull****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Now it's "beyond our life span". A few short years ago we were told
disaster was five to ten years away. LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

and then you showed up to prove they were correct
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

poor krwless, never learned the difference between weather and climate...

I sort of trust scientists, They may be wrong but believing that there
is some sort of planet wide conspriacy to delude the masses doesn't
ring quite true to me. By the time a secret gets to four people it
becomes real tough to keep. A few million is sure to produce a
significant leakage.

Complete bull****.

So, the clever scientists realized that some morons would point to
locally cold temperatures (climate vs weather) to decry global
warming, and so started referring to it as Climate Change.

Locally? LOL. You really aren't paying attention.

I'm hoping that they are wrong, because if they are right, things are
not going to be so good for our descendents. Unfortunately, I think
they're right.

Bull****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:11:47 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Another of Malformed's lies wrapped in a IKWYABWAI. You lefties
really need new material, dip****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 23:22:37 -0500, wrote:

Poor Malformed. His mother never taught him not to lie and his father
left after he screwed the old, toothless, whore.

---
That would make you his mother, yes?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 11:36:24 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 23:22:37 -0500, wrote:

Poor Malformed. His mother never taught him not to lie and his father
left after he screwed the old, toothless, whore.

---
That would make you his mother, yes?

Logic nor literacy have ever been your strong suits.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:13:05 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

[...]

I didn't know that my father knew your mother, guess that makes you my
sister. ugh
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 14:05:06 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:13:05 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

[...]

Lies and IKWYABWAI are all you have, Malformed. You're no different
than any other lefty, though. You're all pathological liars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:11:47 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Now it's "beyond our life span". A few short years ago we were told
disaster was five to ten years away. LOL!

and then you showed up to prove they were correct

---
A pimple on the ass of humanity may be annoying until it's popped,
but it's hardly a disaster.

JF
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
John Fields wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:11:47 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Now it's "beyond our life span". A few short years ago we were told
disaster was five to ten years away. LOL!

and then you showed up to prove they were correct

---
A pimple on the ass of humanity may be annoying until it's popped,
but it's hardly a disaster.

JF

but she does pygalge
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 17:25:14 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
John Fields wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:11:47 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Now it's "beyond our life span". A few short years ago we were told
disaster was five to ten years away. LOL!

and then you showed up to prove they were correct

---
A pimple on the ass of humanity may be annoying until it's popped,
but it's hardly a disaster.

JF

but she does pygalge

You constantly have to prove to the newbies what a liar you lefties
are, don't you? John will make you a great lovemate, loon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Some folks like Florida, for a retirement
community. But, they likely have their
cold days, also.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
John Fields wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 22:01:57 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 09:37:36 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 21:40:52 -0500,
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 14:04:17 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

Poor Malformed. His mother never taught him not to lie and his father
left after he screwed the old, toothless, whore.

---
That would make you his mother, yes?

Logic nor literacy have ever been your strong suits.

truth nor flexibility have never been yours

You just can't shake the IKWYABWAI and lies. Lefties have never been
very bright, nor truthful. It defines all of you.

---
If, as you say: "Lefties have never been very bright, nor truthful",

then you seem to be hoisting yourself on your own petard.

You just show that it's not only lefties who lie.

---
You didn't parse the sentence properly, but there's no surprise
there.
---

But go ahead and make kissyface with your new pal, Malformed.

---
Ah, and here I thought the only cards you could play were the "liar"
and the "leftie".

Seems like I was wrong, and you can whip out the fag card as well.
Oh, my... a three-trick pony.

Pimp to krwless: "how much did you earn tonite?"
krwless to Pimp: "$100.25"
Pimp to krwless: "who gave you the .25?"
krwless to Pimp: "everyone"

---

Lie with dogs...

---
I have on occasion, which resulted in your being whelped.

OT Illinois or Louisiana? Wes[_2_] Metalworking 3 December 23rd 08 02:12 AM
Illinois or Louisiana? David R.Birch Metalworking 1 December 21st 08 04:35 AM
Condo Flood Insurance Rates - high risk flood zone [email protected] Home Ownership 4 September 2nd 06 09:14 PM
Louisiana Sold! Jim Home Repair 5 October 1st 05 01:37 PM
GE freezer works, fridge part doesn't. TOM KAN PA Home Repair 11 January 4th 04 12:36 AM