Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Illinois or Louisiana?

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

We have our work cut out for us, all right. The trouble is that our corrupt
politicians don't think big enough. We've become small-timers in the bigger
scheme of things. Our guys think that a new cabin cruiser, season Jets
tickets, and a couple of bimbos serving drinks in the luxury suites at
Yankee Stadium is living in corrupt luxury.

What we need is politicians who know what they can command in the
marketplace. Maybe we can get them some help from MLB players' agents.

I never thought I'd see the day when joisey was only getting a dishonorable mention. What
happened? I know my uncle Marty died but he was only small time so his passing didn't
really reduce joisey's ranking.

I fondly remember getting a couple fishing reels for my birthday when I as a kid, Aunt Sue
stared at Marty and asked if they were hot.

And to top it off, Lautenburg got trimmed by Madoff. Sheesh.

I feel your pain Ed,

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

We have our work cut out for us, all right. The trouble is that our
corrupt
politicians don't think big enough. We've become small-timers in the
bigger
scheme of things. Our guys think that a new cabin cruiser, season Jets
tickets, and a couple of bimbos serving drinks in the luxury suites at
Yankee Stadium is living in corrupt luxury.

What we need is politicians who know what they can command in the
marketplace. Maybe we can get them some help from MLB players' agents.

I never thought I'd see the day when joisey was only getting a
dishonorable mention. What
happened?

It was like the car industry. Too many years of growing complacent, without
any serious competition.

I know my uncle Marty died but he was only small time so his passing
didn't
really reduce joisey's ranking.

Lead poisoning?

I fondly remember getting a couple fishing reels for my birthday when I as
a kid, Aunt Sue
stared at Marty and asked if they were hot.

And to top it off, Lautenburg got trimmed by Madoff. Sheesh.

There's a silver lining in every cloud.

I feel your pain Ed,

Wes

It's not so bad except for the spell between the end of the blackfish season
and the first mayfly hatch.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I know my uncle Marty died but he was only small time so his passing
didn't
really reduce joisey's ranking.

Lead poisoning?

I'm not sure but it seemed like every time we visited grandma uncle marty told us not to
let anyone he was home. I'm sure he was fearing lead poisoning. Sure made a stay at
grandma's interesting

I fondly remember getting a couple fishing reels for my birthday when I as
a kid, Aunt Sue
stared at Marty and asked if they were hot.

And to top it off, Lautenburg got trimmed by Madoff. Sheesh.

There's a silver lining in every cloud.

Well, I didn't cry in my beer over that one. VBG

I feel your pain Ed,

Wes

It's not so bad except for the spell between the end of the blackfish season
and the first mayfly hatch.

Are your waters safe to eat catch from? We still have mercury warnings for the great
lakes. Hasn't killed me yet.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message

snip

I feel your pain Ed,

Wes

It's not so bad except for the spell between the end of the blackfish
season
and the first mayfly hatch.

Are your waters safe to eat catch from? We still have mercury warnings
for the great
lakes. Hasn't killed me yet.

Wes

Yeah, they're reasonably OK, but there are certain fish you have to limit.
The top-of-the-foodchain bluefish, tuna, and striped bass are not supposed
to be eaten too often -- once a week, or something like that.

Some of our freshwater is perfectly OK and other spots are not. I don't eat
stocked trout and I don't often eat the warmwater species.

--
Ed Huntress