Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Illinois or Louisiana?

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

The Illinois Governor in Federal prison is Ryan - a Republican.

Do you think Blago will share the cell?

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

The Illinois Governor in Federal prison is Ryan - a Republican.

Do you think Blago will share the cell?

No, I don't.
As a legal matter,which is what his has become, it doesn't appear that
Blogojevich descended from despicable into criminal.
Illinois will impeach him unless they are all cut from the same bolt.

Fitz did the right thing but he blew his case by moving early.
I'd shake the man's hand if I had the chance. Fitzgerald that is.
He's shown himself to be a good man and a fine American.
He's prevented a criminal from appointing a US Senator.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Fitz did the right thing but he blew his case by moving early.
I'd shake the man's hand if I had the chance. Fitzgerald that is.
He's shown himself to be a good man and a fine American.
He's prevented a criminal from appointing a US Senator.

I read somewhere that the Trib was going to lift their silience so his hand was forced.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Fitz did the right thing but he blew his case by moving early.
I'd shake the man's hand if I had the chance. Fitzgerald that is.
He's shown himself to be a good man and a fine American.
He's prevented a criminal from appointing a US Senator.

I read somewhere that the Trib was going to lift their silience so his
hand was forced.

I suppose that's possible but the feds have been investigating Blagojevich
for several years now and the Trib has run a lot of stories.
I've watched Fitzgerald for some years now and studied his career. He's a
real "Belt and Suspenders" prosecutor.
He also understands the difference between his role as a prosecutor in
seeking justice or preventing harm from being done and the role of a
polyanish political hack like Guiliani was when in New York as a US
Attorney.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

The Illinois Governor in Federal prison is Ryan - a Republican.

Do you think Blago will share the cell?

No, I don't.
As a legal matter,which is what his has become, it doesn't appear that
Blogojevich descended from despicable into criminal.
Illinois will impeach him unless they are all cut from the same bolt.

Fitz did the right thing but he blew his case by moving early.
I'd shake the man's hand if I had the chance. Fitzgerald that is.
He's shown himself to be a good man and a fine American.
He's prevented a criminal from appointing a US Senator.

JC

From what I've read of the tapes, the feds have just a lot of talk without
anything to back it up. A good lawyer will chew their case up.

However, (if I may slip into my mother tongue) Youse guys don unnerstan da
complexities of Illinois bolitics.

Chicago and Springfield are not the same thing, in fact they are barely on
speaking terms.
Here in Chicago we have a feudal system of government. The mayor stays in
power because he perpetuates a system that lets the aldermen squeeze all
they want from fiefdoms.

It is kind of a free for all. We have organized crime, but frankly, they're
not all that organized. In fact they are downright lazy. They prefer to let
someone else do the work then they come by and shake them down.

Springfield, on the other hand, has been all mobbed up for as long as I can
remember. Democrat, Republican it doesn't matter they are all getting paid
by the same guy.

It ain't Rezko he's just a punk in the Chicago tradition.

The guy to watch is named Cellini.

He was out of the country when the Rezko stuff broke, but he came back to
face indictment.

My guess is that Fitz gets some goods on Blago and Cellini does six months
in club fed.

In Springfield, Blago's crime wasn't being crooked, it was trying to cut out
the middleman.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

The Illinois Governor in Federal prison is Ryan - a Republican.

Do you think Blago will share the cell?

No, I don't.
As a legal matter,which is what his has become, it doesn't appear that
Blogojevich descended from despicable into criminal.
Illinois will impeach him unless they are all cut from the same bolt.

Fitz did the right thing but he blew his case by moving early.
I'd shake the man's hand if I had the chance. Fitzgerald that is.
He's shown himself to be a good man and a fine American.
He's prevented a criminal from appointing a US Senator.

JC

From what I've read of the tapes, the feds have just a lot of talk without
anything to back it up. A good lawyer will chew their case up.

It looked that way to me as well but I haven't seen the complaint.

[...]

That makes sense.

In Springfield, Blago's crime wasn't being crooked, it was trying to cut
out the middleman.

Stupidity, in other words.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

The Illinois Governor in Federal prison is Ryan - a Republican.

Do you think Blago will share the cell?

No, I don't.
As a legal matter,which is what his has become, it doesn't appear that
Blogojevich descended from despicable into criminal.
Illinois will impeach him unless they are all cut from the same bolt.

Fitz did the right thing but he blew his case by moving early.
I'd shake the man's hand if I had the chance. Fitzgerald that is.
He's shown himself to be a good man and a fine American.
He's prevented a criminal from appointing a US Senator.

JC

From what I've read of the tapes, the feds have just a lot of talk
without anything to back it up. A good lawyer will chew their case up.

[...]

The worst part is that Springfield will go right back to being the same
pesthole it was before.
We didn't vote Blago in because we thought he was a white knight.
We knew him, we knew his father in law.
We voted him in because, every now and then, you have to shake the bedbugs
out of the linens down there.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:45:31 -0600, the infamous "Paul K. Dickman"
scrawled the following:

We didn't vote Blago in because we thought he was a white knight.
We knew him, we knew his father in law.
We voted him in because, every now and then, you have to shake the bedbugs
out of the linens down there.

The "I voted for my governor because he had the greatest chance of
being caught for his larceny than the other candidates." ploy doesn't
quite ring true to me here on the Left Coast, Paul.

What's the real reason, hmm?

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:45:31 -0600, the infamous "Paul K. Dickman"
scrawled the following:

We didn't vote Blago in because we thought he was a white knight.
We knew him, we knew his father in law.
We voted him in because, every now and then, you have to shake the bedbugs
out of the linens down there.

The "I voted for my governor because he had the greatest chance of
being caught for his larceny than the other candidates." ploy doesn't
quite ring true to me here on the Left Coast, Paul.

What's the real reason, hmm?

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.
-- Kin Hubbard

We didn't expect him to get caught.
A crooked politician is one thing. A stupid one is unforgivable.

We hoped Cellini would get caught, but that is just wishful thinking.

The democratic stronghold of cook county probably has about 15% of the
voters.
Most of people in the state live on the section roads.
We tend to have Republican governors.

Every so often, enough of the state gets fed up and we vote for a Democrat.
They usually don't last long and don't achieve much, but when the smoke
clears, stuff starts getting done.

What I think happens, is that the new regime brings in some fresh grafters.
The competition raises the price of our politicians to the point that
bribing them for stuff like road repair contracts isn't profitable.

Paul K. Dickman

Illinois or Louisiana? Wes[_2_] Metalworking 1 December 18th 08 02:58 AM
Illinois woodworkers? Need a cradle made... Hello There Woodworking 8 October 28th 08 12:44 AM
Louisiana Real Estate [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 18th 07 05:55 AM
Louisiana Sold! Jim Home Repair 5 October 1st 05 02:37 PM
OT - 1919 Illinois brand tractor Andy Asberry Metalworking 14 February 10th 05 05:47 AM