Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low watt CFLs

I can not find any CFLs lower than 60 watts.

Is that some design limitation ?

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy wrote:
I can not find any CFLs lower than 60 watts.

Is that some design limitation ?

Thanks.

Hi,
But they are on smaller base. Won't fit into regular fixture.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:48:21 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

I can not find any CFLs lower than 60 watts.

Where do live, Nicaragua?

Is that some design limitation ?

Not when you can still buy a 40 Watt CFL.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I can not find any CFLs lower than 60 watts.

Is that some design limitation ?

Thanks.

I'm ASSuming you mean a 60 watt equivalent - and even there, you are
way off. I had 40 watt equivalent (7 watt) CFLs before switching over
to LED
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:03:06 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Andy wrote:
I can not find any CFLs lower than 60 watts.

Is that some design limitation ?

Thanks.

Hi,
But they are on smaller base. Won't fit into regular fixture.

My 7 watts were E27 base - sold as "ceiling fan" bulbs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I can not find any CFLs lower than 60 watts.

Is that some design limitation ?

Thanks.

I have a 25 watt (equivalant) in my barn. Standard base. It's there so
the animals have a very small amount of light at night. Which also
helps me see the light switch when I enter. It's on 24/7 so I went with
the lowest wattage I could find. I believe they consume 7 watts. If I
recall, I got them at Menards. I bought several because Menards is a
long drive away, and they do tend to burn out about once a year.

I also have a horse who likes to turn the switch off for that light. I
had to rig up a recessed switch cover.

You might find them on Menards.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I can not find any CFLs lower than 60 watts.

Is that some design limitation ?

Thanks.

I have a 25 watt (equivalant) in my barn. Standard base. It's there so

the animals have a very small amount of light at night. Which also

helps me see the light switch when I enter. It's on 24/7 so I went with

the lowest wattage I could find. I believe they consume 7 watts. If I

recall, I got them at Menards. I bought several because Menards is a

long drive away, and they do tend to burn out about once a year.

I also have a horse who likes to turn the switch off for that light. I

had to rig up a recessed switch cover.

You might find them on Menards.com

Do they have to be CFL?

Low watt CFLs are more expensive than the big ones.

Low watt LEDs are cheaper than the big ones.

I use 3x 1.5W Lights of America LED's to light my house.

You can find them online or Walmart. Costco has been

carrying similar lights too.

A reason he may not be finding them is that people are
rapidly switching over to LEDs. When I was in Costco about
a month ago I noticed that their shelf space had made a
drastic flip. Previously most of it was CFL, with some
LED. Now it was the other way around, with most of it LED
and a smaller selection of CFLs. Under 60W I would think
the LED prices are now low enough so that they are moving
and some places may have stopped carrying the smaller CFL.

But it shouldn't be hard to find CFL under 60W if you
really want them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I can not find any CFLs lower than 60 watts.

http://www.amazon.com/EcoSmart-Compa.../dp/B003LEA188