Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default Low watt CFLs

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:48:21 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

I can not find any CFLs lower than 60 watts.

Is that some design limitation ?

Thanks.

I have a 25 watt (equivalant) in my barn. Standard base. It's there so
the animals have a very small amount of light at night. Which also
helps me see the light switch when I enter. It's on 24/7 so I went with
the lowest wattage I could find. I believe they consume 7 watts. If I
recall, I got them at Menards. I bought several because Menards is a
long drive away, and they do tend to burn out about once a year.

I also have a horse who likes to turn the switch off for that light. I
had to rig up a recessed switch cover.

You might find them on Menards.com