Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how wide the snow path

For those of you who shovel your sidewalks by hand, no snowblower or
employee doing it, how wide do you shovel?

Without exception, as far as I can see, my neibhbors shovel the whole
width of their personal sidewalk (to their door) and the one at right
angles to that (to the neighbors), which is about 3 feet.

OTOH, I shovel the width I need to walk on the sidewalk without
getting snow in my shoes or in the cuffs of my pants, about 18", which
is two widths of my lightweight aluminum shove. or two overlapping
widths when I use the coal shovel I found in the trash and cut off to
be relatively straight at the end.

Which do you do?

If you do the whole width, do you look down on, despise, people like
me? Or do you wish you could be like me? or do you ignore me?

Snow-shovel; snow sticks to it: how to make slippery? David Combs Home Repair 27 January 4th 10 08:05 AM
The path before me Kevin Woodturning 11 February 28th 08 12:46 PM
snow, and the sound of snow dougreed Electronics Repair 4 August 9th 06 02:42 AM
WAY OT - HOW TO MAKE SNOW AND BUILD A HOMEMADE SNOW GUN J T Woodworking 0 August 6th 04 06:41 AM
Wide Planer, or Compact Planer + Wide Sander? Nate B Woodworking 5 January 21st 04 08:19 PM