Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Please reply if you have had problems with Photocell E127584.

replying to Andy Goodday, Chuck wrote:
Andy Goodday wrote:

Yes, I had a problem with E127584. It was in an outdoor light fixture

installed
by pro electrician.
Lamp had GU24 socket base. Bulb was MaxLite GU24 SpiralMax, a flourescent

bulb
that draws only 13 Watts but produces lumens equivalent to 60 Watt

incandescent.
The E127584 shorted out inside it's plactic housing, leaving a 1/2 inch

whole.
I don't know when it shorted, but it blackened the siding and obviously had

the
potential for burning down my house.
Based on the posts on the internet, I am not the only one who has

encountered
this problem. This photocell is a piece of dangerous crap and should be

removed
from your light fixtures. I snipped it out and wired the fixture without

the
photocell. I intend to do the same with the other 2 fixtures that have the

same
photocell.
I also intend to write to RU, the manufacturer, and CCthe lamp manufacturer

that
was supplied by them.
Andy Goodday.

Same problem in an outdoor light fixture installed by our builder.
Fixture stopped working. Black on siding where E127584 was. Also bulge
on unit where it bubbled through. My brother and I rewired it without the
part. This part is a danger.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...84-684490-.htm

Photocell Switches Thomarse UK diy 2 January 4th 07 05:43 PM
Looking for photocell for lamp Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 3 January 17th 06 03:50 AM
Looking for photocell for lamp Doug Kanter Home Repair 0 January 15th 06 02:01 AM
photocell capacity bob UK diy 4 September 20th 03 11:00 PM