Posted to alt.home.repair

Default materials used in natural gas

what type of material can be used in natural gas lines in home use
pipe,fittings,ect.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...as-769490-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:44:01 +0000, pete
wrote:

what type of material can be used in natural gas lines in home use
pipe,fittings,ect.

Dear Home Groaner's Hub User,

There are a wide variety of materials for use in NG lines nd fittings.

I hope this helped.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

what type of material can be used in natural gas lines in home use
pipe,fittings,ect.

That is a very simple question, with a very simple answer. Materials
and parts APPROVED for use in residential natural gas installations in
your area.

Black iron pipe and fittings are legal pretty well
anywhere.Galvanized is approved in some areas for certain use. Soft
copper tubing is approved for some use in some locations, under
certain conditions. Same for stainless steel flexible courigated
tubing. Cast iron and Brass valves and fittings with the proper
approval ratings can be used. If it is not rated for gas, you cannot
use it.
Check with your local building department and gas company.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

what type of material can be used in natural gas lines in home use
pipe,fittings,ect.

Dear Home Groaner's Hub User,

There are a wide variety of materials for use in NG lines nd fittings.

I hope this helped.

I agree.

I agree. We can agree on the agreement. Agree?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/6/2013 7:49 PM, Larry W wrote:

wrote:

what type of material can be used in natural gas lines in home use
pipe,fittings,ect.

Dear Home Groaner's Hub User,

There are a wide variety of materials for use in NG lines nd fittings.

I hope this helped.

I agree.

I agree. We can agree on the agreement. Agree?

ME TOO!

+1

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 12:44:01 PM UTC-5, pete wrote:
what type of material can be used in natural gas lines in home use

pipe,fittings,ect.

--

posted from

http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...as-769490-.htm

using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface

to home and garden related groups

Black iron will always work. Outside the US soft copper is approved some places and it's way easier to work with.

In the US you can also use the covered flexible stainless steel but it does require special fittings on the ends and your inspector may want it done by a licensed contractor. If you do it yourself soap test all the joints.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:51:22 -0800 (PST), jamesgang
wrote:

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 12:44:01 PM UTC-5, pete wrote:
what type of material can be used in natural gas lines in home use

pipe,fittings,ect.

--

posted from

http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...as-769490-.htm

using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface

to home and garden related groups

Black iron will always work. Outside the US soft copper is approved some places and it's way easier to work with.

In the US you can also use the covered flexible stainless steel but it does require special fittings on the ends and your inspector may want it done by a licensed contractor. If you do it yourself soap test all the joints.

If you do gasfitting with ANY product yourself, soap test all joints.
I go one step farther - I soap test under pressure before connecting
to the gas and the appliance. Tested my BarBQ line at 150PSI.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:tbml79hbso5etk2bdp2tferav60shff1g8@
4ax.com:

wrote:

what type of material can be used in natural gas lines in home use
pipe,fittings,ect.

Dear Home Groaner's Hub User,

There are a wide variety of materials for use in NG lines nd fittings.

I hope this helped.

I agree.

I agree. We can agree on the agreement. Agree?

That's agreeable.

what materials do i need? rb Home Repair 7 February 6th 10 01:36 AM
Natural Gas - Pictures and Diagrams of Natural Gas, Natural Gas Furnace, Natural Gas Grill, Natural Gas Heater, Natural Gas Water Heater and Natural Gas Vehicle [email protected] Home Ownership 3 June 18th 07 06:34 AM
Natural Gas - Pictures and Diagrams of Natural Gas, Natural Gas Furnace, Natural Gas Grill, Natural Gas Heater, Natural Gas Water Heater and Natural Gas Vehicle [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 18th 07 05:32 AM
Tambour materials Dan Woodworking 3 May 13th 07 09:41 PM
Where to get raw materials in PA? Joe Woodworking 5 April 26th 07 06:32 AM