Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Default Nearly three feet

I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it
says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the
distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The
distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described
as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what
it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4.
Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they
describe this grabber. What do you think?
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few

Garage height...8 feet or 10 feet? [email protected] Home Repair 40 October 5th 17 10:08 AM
2 FEET shock current UK diy 2 August 9th 09 01:39 PM
Feet or No Feet watchec Woodworking 0 April 26th 08 07:49 AM
Feet or No Feet [email protected] UK diy 0 April 19th 08 10:28 PM
Feet or No Feet [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 19th 08 11:09 AM