Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pipes on a mobile home

i live in a trailer when i got under the trailer to wrap my pipes i notice
its in between two floors. theres a tin fiberglass floor when you look
under the trailer. do i need to wrap heat tape the pipes and if so how do
i do it?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...me-769029-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/2/13 11:44 AM, kathy m wrote:
i live in a trailer when i got under the trailer to wrap my pipes i notice
its in between two floors. theres a tin fiberglass floor when you look
under the trailer. do i need to wrap heat tape the pipes and if so how do
i do it?

You should have to insulate only the exposed plumbing. Adding a
thermostat controlled heat tape might be a good idea also.
A co-worker gave me good advice long ago. Insulate the skirting
with rigid insulation. That should cut the heating bill a bit and help
keep the water flowing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman" wrote:
On 11/2/13 11:44 AM, kathy m wrote:
i live in a trailer when i got under the trailer to wrap my pipes i
notice its in between two floors. theres a tin fiberglass floor when
you look under the trailer. do i need to wrap heat tape the pipes
and if so how do i do it?

You should have to insulate only the exposed plumbing. Adding a
thermostat controlled heat tape might be a good idea also.
A co-worker gave me good advice long ago. Insulate the skirting
with rigid insulation. That should cut the heating bill a bit and
help keep the water flowing.

I hope she is not still waiting there under the trailer for an answer to the
question that she posted in 2008.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TomR" wrote in :

Dean Hoffman" wrote:
On 11/2/13 11:44 AM, kathy m wrote:
i live in a trailer when i got under the trailer to wrap my pipes i
notice its in between two floors. theres a tin fiberglass floor when
you look under the trailer. do i need to wrap heat tape the pipes
and if so how do i do it?

You should have to insulate only the exposed plumbing. Adding a
thermostat controlled heat tape might be a good idea also.
A co-worker gave me good advice long ago. Insulate the skirting
with rigid insulation. That should cut the heating bill a bit and
help keep the water flowing.

I hope she is not still waiting there under the trailer for an answer
to the question that she posted in 2008.

I hope she...

has a good laptop battery under there as well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 14:48:40 -0400, "TomR" wrote:

Dean Hoffman" wrote:
On 11/2/13 11:44 AM, kathy m wrote:
i live in a trailer when i got under the trailer to wrap my pipes i
notice its in between two floors. theres a tin fiberglass floor when
you look under the trailer. do i need to wrap heat tape the pipes
and if so how do i do it?

You should have to insulate only the exposed plumbing. Adding a
thermostat controlled heat tape might be a good idea also.
A co-worker gave me good advice long ago. Insulate the skirting
with rigid insulation. That should cut the heating bill a bit and
help keep the water flowing.

I hope she is not still waiting there under the trailer for an answer to the
question that she posted in 2008.

There's been a lot of warm weather since then. She probably posted
early but didn't need the answer until this year.