Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Jeld Wen Windows-problems with sill buckling....window problem or installation?

Jeld wen windows installed in new construction. bottom sill is buckled
slightly but enough to notice. concern is water/air leakage. Any
information on whether this is a common Jeld Wen problem? Thanks!!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...bl-767422-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 15:44:01 +0000, Kay Lynn
wrote:

Jeld wen windows installed in new construction. bottom sill is buckled
slightly but enough to notice. concern is water/air leakage. Any
information on whether this is a common Jeld Wen problem? Thanks!!

Call the builder and call the window company to a meeting and show
them the problem. Make them fix it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Jeld wen windows installed in new construction. bottom sill is buckled
slightly but enough to notice. concern is water/air leakage. Any
information on whether this is a common Jeld Wen problem? Thanks!!

Call the builder and call the window company to a meeting and show
them the problem. Make them fix it.

Hmmm,
Definitely sounds like poor installation. Must be under warranty and
make sure issue is corrected and check other windows carefully as well.
Winter is coming soon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kay Lynn wrote in
roups.com:

Jeld wen windows installed in new construction. bottom sill is buckled
slightly but enough to notice. concern is water/air leakage. Any
information on whether this is a common Jeld Wen problem? Thanks!!

I have input but it doesn't matter. I blacklisted from the homo hub.
DILLIGAFF?

Do I Look Like I Give A Flying F[guess]?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:44:01 AM UTC-7, Kay Lynn wrote:
Jeld wen windows installed in new construction. bottom sill is buckled

slightly but enough to notice. concern is water/air leakage. Any

information on whether this is a common Jeld Wen problem? Thanks!!

--

posted from

http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...bl-767422-.htm

using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface

to home and garden related groups

Can you see if the installer sprayed foam gap filler there?
If you use too much it will expand and cause a bulge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:44:01 AM UTC-7, Kay Lynn wrote:
Jeld wen windows installed in new construction. bottom sill is buckled

slightly but enough to notice. concern is water/air leakage. Any

information on whether this is a common Jeld Wen problem? Thanks!!

--

posted from

http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...bl-767422-.htm

using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface

to home and garden related groups

Can you see if the installer sprayed foam gap filler there?
If you use too much it will expand and cause a bulge.

Not necessarily too much, but possibly the wrong kind.

Great Stuff Window and Door is minimally expanding and is not supposed to
bow window or door frames. I used it on all my windows and doors. If you
use too much it expands outward and you can trim it off.

I assume that too much and no where to go could bow a sill, but I've never
had a problem like that since it always found an outlet.

Jeld-Wen windows - DO NOT BUY [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 1st 08 05:06 AM
Do I need to repair some rot in the sill when getting replacement windows? Jason Home Repair 6 March 27th 07 05:51 AM
Jeld-Wen windows - DO NOT BUY [email protected] Home Ownership 1 February 17th 07 08:33 PM
jeld wen windows Zephyr Home Repair 3 February 5th 07 10:13 PM
Pella Thermastar Vinyl Windows vs. Jeld-Wen Vinyl Windows [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 29th 06 12:38 AM