Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Jeld-Wen windows - DO NOT BUY

Check this out...

http://mservais.blogspot.com/2007/02...n-windows.html

I'm having a lot of problems and the company doesn't seem to care
enough to do anything about it. Go buy another brand to replace the
windows on your home. Don't even bother with these windows.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
Check this out...

http://mservais.blogspot.com/2007/02...n-windows.html

I'm having a lot of problems and the company doesn't seem to care
enough to do anything about it. Go buy another brand to replace the
windows on your home. Don't even bother with these windows.

Yeah, it looks like crap, but how can we be sure it is the window and not
just a poor installation by a hack? Not enough information to make a
decision.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
et...

wrote in message
ps.com...
Check this out...

http://mservais.blogspot.com/2007/02...n-windows.html

I'm having a lot of problems and the company doesn't seem to care
enough to do anything about it. Go buy another brand to replace the
windows on your home. Don't even bother with these windows.

Yeah, it looks like crap, but how can we be sure it is the window and not
just a poor installation by a hack? Not enough information to make a
decision.

I'll second that.

I have Jeld Wen windows in my house that I thought were crappy/drafty.
Enough so that I had storm windows made up to replace the outside screens.
when I tried to put the storms in place of the screens they didn't fit!!
The windows (which were installed in 2000 in a 30 year old house) were so
out of square there was no way that they would seal. I eventually trimmed
down the storm windows, and got them to fit and block the draft. The
windows that are square are great, they have decent insulating value, the
movements work well, and they look good.

Plus one of the windows developed a fog between the panes, I emailed Jeld
Wen warranty and got a phone call back. 20 minutes later, Jeld Wen
promised to ship replacement sashes for my foggy windows. And I didn't even
purchase them!

Looking closely at the windows, the sides/jams bow out at least 1/4 inch
and on some the bottom sill is out of level. No window would stop a draft
in that shape.

The quality of installation is as important than the glass itself.

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

| Looking closely at the windows, the sides/jams bow out at least 1/4
inch

PROBLEM SOLVER
remove the vinyl strip in the jamb and turn the middle adjusting screw
clockwise

| The quality of installation is as important than the glass itself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

dougthewndowguy had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...UY-195536-.htm
:
I purchased Jeld-Wen windows several times from www.1stwindows.com and
every time Jeld Wen windows came out fine. I think most window problems
are from installation.

jeld wen windows Zephyr Home Repair 3 February 5th 07 11:13 PM
Jeld Wen Ledbury Patio Door Kev UK diy 1 December 8th 06 07:37 PM
Pella Thermastar Vinyl Windows vs. Jeld-Wen Vinyl Windows [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 29th 06 01:38 AM
I Want to buy STORM ALUM Windows? Phil Ditto Home Repair 1 March 18th 06 10:56 PM
Where can I buy "Inside Windows" Walter R. Home Repair 1 July 11th 05 06:18 AM