Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hydro jet for clearing kitchen line

Higgs,

You generate grease and oil for your skin. When you bath it goes down the
drain. Bath soap is made from grease and fat. Soap scum is a major component
of drain clogs. Washing dishes is a good source of grease. Grease is hard to
avoid in your drains, that's why maintenance is important.
Plumber B sounds like a winner. Did he have an opinion on boiling water?
What sort of maintenance did he recommend.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

We're still waiting to hear what kind of a system is involved, septic or municipal, and whether the boiling water procedure has been tried or not!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 06:00:06 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 20:42:38 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:15:56 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 08:27:51 -0400, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

Higgs,

One of the best bits of advice that I found on this group was that
plumbing needs maintenance. Glop sticks to pipes. If you don't remove the
glop, the pipes clog and it's snake time.
So let's deal with the glop. There are lots of products out there
designed for this. Your hardware store will stock a bunch. Drano is cheap.
These things are caustic so be careful. Clean your pipes every month.

My mother had never used Drano or anything like it, in her life.
When she was old she moved to an apartment. When she away, the
tenants on the floor above poured Drano in their kitchen sink and it
backed up into my mother's, eating holes almost clear through the
bottom of the dutch oven she liked so much. I don't think any went
clear through, but the metal was thin in many places, and that would
make hot spots, undoing the purpose of the dutch oven.

Not buying it. Sodium Hydroxide (Drano) is an alkali, not an acid so
it shouldn't attack cast iron at all (indeed, it's used to clean cast
iron).

When it's put on for a couple minutes and rinsed off, right?

No. I'll sit in Drano for months with little or no damage.

If it rotted out cast iron that fast it wouldn't make much of
a drain cleaner.

So what could they have used instead?

I have no idea but it *WASN'T* Drano. Maybe they used some sort of
acid but if so, mom's pan was the least of the problems.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:13:09 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

We're still waiting to hear what kind of a system is involved, septic or municipal, and whether the boiling water procedure has been tried or not!!!!

Good luck getting an answer from an overly emotional female creature,
suffering from menopause, one feeling being taken advantage of from
two plumbers.

I'd still like to know how the kitchen drain water is draining onto
the driveway before the family visits.
Posted to alt.home.repair

How do you know HB is a female? What have I missed?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 19:11:51 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

How do you know HB is a female?

HB is an old bag. Female? Well...

What have I missed?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2013 8:11 PM, wrote:
How do you know HB is a female? What have I missed?

You missed the logic used by some posters when they do not agree with
the other person.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We're still waiting to hear what kind of a system is involved, septic or municipal, and whether the boiling water procedure has been tried or not!!!!

Good luck getting an answer from an overly emotional female creature,

suffering from menopause, one feeling being taken advantage of from

two plumbers.

Questions answered twice already.

I'd still like to know how the kitchen drain water is draining onto

the driveway before the family visits.

Connected two gutters.

Now please do not comment on any more of my inquiries and I will reciprocate.

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, October 12, 2013 6:33:20 AM UTC-7, bud-- wrote:
On 10/11/2013 8:11 PM, wrote:

How do you know HB is a female? What have I missed?

You missed the logic used by some posters when they do not agree with

the other person.

Or when they are simply badly brought up, ill-mannered, and patently insecure.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 12:09:34 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

Now please do not comment on any more of my inquiries and I will reciprocate.

Who are you to tell or suggest to me what to do?

--
"Dumb is local...As soon as you go 15 miles away from your dumbness, you see how dumb you are." -- Sherrod Small

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'd still like to know how the kitchen drain water is draining onto

the driveway before the family visits.

Connected two gutters.

Can you post a photo link of this contraption? I gotta see it.

Surely, it is not legal in California.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2013 8:11 PM, wrote:

How do you know HB is a female? What have I missed?

Daily confessions?

You missed the logic used by some posters when they do not agree with

the other person.

Or when they are simply badly brought up, ill-mannered, and patently insecure.

HB

Or when the Dembaggers consider themselves far superior thinkers,
above the rest of the commoners.

Air in water line? (Kitchen only) Norminn Home Repair 2 July 14th 07 10:51 PM
Broken Kitchen Drain Line [email protected] Home Repair 5 July 10th 07 10:51 PM
Kitchen Units - On Line Terryw UK diy 1 April 4th 06 01:04 PM
Kitchen Cabinet iSuppliers On Line John F. Home Repair 0 March 7th 06 04:36 PM
clearing main sewage line (residence) Mike Ballard Home Repair 11 December 29th 04 12:39 AM