Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No primer bulb

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Curly Fikes" wrote:
Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

They don't need one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 18:09:52 -0400, "Curly Fikes"
wrote:

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

The design? They have a choke?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 6:09 PM, Curly Fikes wrote:
Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

Because they start OK otherwise?
My two cycle generator doesn't have a
primer bulb. Does have a choke.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 6:09 PM, Curly Fikes wrote:
Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

Because they converted to CFL. More green.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

The design? They have a choke?

Several of my 2 cycle engines have the primer bulbs and a choke.

I thought the primer was to fill some of the carburators with fuel and the
choke was to make a richer mixture for starting cold engines.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 6:32 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Several of my 2 cycle engines have the primer bulbs and a choke.

I thought the primer was to fill some of the carburators with fuel and the
choke was to make a richer mixture for starting cold engines.

My chain saw has primer. I'd have to guess, to
pull fuel up from the tank.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 18:32:11 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

The design? They have a choke?

Several of my 2 cycle engines have the primer bulbs and a choke.

I thought the primer was to fill some of the carburators with fuel and the
choke was to make a richer mixture for starting cold engines.

Why would you need a combination of a bulb primer and a choke? The
carb has a choke butterfly baffle in the carb throat.

By choke, I mean a manual pull type choke.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?
The design? They have a choke?

Several of my 2 cycle engines have the primer bulbs and a choke.

I thought the primer was to fill some of the carburators with fuel and the
choke was to make a richer mixture for starting cold engines.

Why would you need a combination of a bulb primer and a choke?

Why does anyone need dual exhaust?

The
carb has a choke butterfly baffle in the carb throat.

By choke, I mean a manual pull type choke.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Curly Fikes wrote:
Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

Because they don't need them?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
"Curly Fikes" wrote:
Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

They don't need one.

My Stihl backpack & weedeaters have chokes & primer bulb. My Stihl chainsaw
doesn't. The backpack & weedeater are much easier to start than the
chainsaw.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?
The design? They have a choke?
Several of my 2 cycle engines have the primer bulbs and a choke.

I thought the primer was to fill some of the carburators with fuel and the
choke was to make a richer mixture for starting cold engines.

Why would you need a combination of a bulb primer and a choke?

Why does anyone need dual exhaust?

Dual exhaust lowers the back-pressure, increasing the potential HP for
the given displacement (and RPM).

The
carb has a choke butterfly baffle in the carb throat.

By choke, I mean a manual pull type choke.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Curly Fikes" writes:

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

Why would I need a primer bulb for my electric chain saw?

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

The design? They have a choke?

Several of my 2 cycle engines have the primer bulbs and a choke.

I thought the primer was to fill some of the carburators with fuel and the
choke was to make a richer mixture for starting cold engines.

Why would you need a combination of a bulb primer and a choke? The
carb has a choke butterfly baffle in the carb throat.

By choke, I mean a manual pull type choke.

My Ariens snow blower has a manual choke lever and a primer bulb. Won't
cold start unless primed 3 times and then fully choked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 7:33 PM, Bill wrote:
I thought the primer was to fill some of the carburators with fuel
and the
choke was to make a richer mixture for starting cold engines.

Why would you need a combination of a bulb primer and a choke?

Why does anyone need dual exhaust?

To service both sets of cylinders.

Why would anyone need choke and primer on a
single cylinder?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 8:54 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
"Curly Fikes" writes:

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

Why would I need a primer bulb for my electric chain saw?

To bring electrons up from the electric tank?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote:
"Curly Fikes" writes:

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

Why would I need a primer bulb for my electric chain saw?

I guess there are slow air leaks, then the bulb has two hoses for in and
out.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Curly Fikes" wrote:
Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

Gas tank above ?

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/8/2013 6:09 PM, Curly Fikes wrote:
Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

As some have said, because they don't need them. I think, and I admit,
I'm not really and engine person, that some designs have the gas tank so
that there is always gravity feed of fuel to the carb. Some designs use
a crude pump, powered by the engine, to push the gas into the carb.
Here you need a prime bulb (not CFL ) to get gas to the carb before
you take that 1st pull. Some designs use engine pressure to push the
gas. Again, the prime bulb is needed when you 1st start the thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Curly Fikes" wrote:
Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

They don't need one.

My Stihl backpack & weedeaters have chokes & primer bulb. My Stihl chainsaw
doesn't. The backpack & weedeater are much easier to start than the
chainsaw.

My lawnmowers with B&S engines have primer bulbs. My Husky with (I
forgot the brand) engine doesn't have a bulb. Different carb designs.