Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low Water Pressure from American Standard Kitchen Faucet

Model: American Standard Silhouette 4771.222

The faucet is about 13 years old. Whenever I turn either the hot or cold
handles, the water comes out at a lower rate than usual. However, I can
increase the rate of flow by giving the side sprayer a quick squirt and
stopping. Why would altering the water's path for a moment do this? Is the
side sprayer defective since the pressure is building up inside its line
instead of letting it go to the faucet?

--
Perl programming is an *empirical* science!
--Larry Wall in

9/8/2013 6:36:17 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 8 Sep 2013 18:50:37 -0400, Rocinante
wrote:

Model: American Standard Silhouette 4771.222

The faucet is about 13 years old. Whenever I turn either the hot or cold
handles, the water comes out at a lower rate than usual. However, I can
increase the rate of flow by giving the side sprayer a quick squirt and
stopping. Why would altering the water's path for a moment do this? Is the
side sprayer defective since the pressure is building up inside its line
instead of letting it go to the faucet?

Take it apart and clean it. My guess there is a piece of crap just
below the cartridge and the sprayer moves it away for a while. While
apart, replace the cartridge since it is 13 years old.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Could be problems with the diverter, or the aerator.
I'd start by unscrew the aerator, and soak it in
vinegar, bang it out, look for sediment. That's the
easiest part to remove.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus