Posted to alt.home.repair

Default American Standard Faucet Repair

Help!

I have struggled with American Standard Faucets that are 1956 vintage
for 20 years. These are the old style with a boot over an
articulating rounded pyramid at the end of the valve.

I have completely rebuilt them many times (new valve seat, rubber
gaskets and complte valve units).

However, there is trouble with water flow. It is quite limited.

I have tried to correct this by backing out the outer sleve. That sort
of works but the faucent tends can leak and the user can actully start
backing the sleve out of the fauct.

I have wondered if the problem is that the new valve seats are higher
than the old ones were. However I see no lower valve seats at the
store.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you,

Charles