Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark

Default American Standard kitchen faucet - white finish flaking off

Looks like bad bonding; crackling of finish where dishcloth hung over
spout. Anyone else had this problem? Of course, no original docs to
even try for warranty.. /mark
Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Mark" wrote in message
Looks like bad bonding; crackling of finish where dishcloth hung over
spout. Anyone else had this problem? Of course, no original docs to
even try for warranty.. /mark

Yeah...same with mine, except it came with the house I bought a year ago, so
I have no idea how old the piece of crap was. Mine also leaked internally
and almost ruined the cabinet underneat. Do yourself a favor and get a Moen.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Mark wrote:
Looks like bad bonding; crackling of finish where dishcloth hung over
spout. Anyone else had this problem? Of course, no original docs to
even try for warranty.. /mark

There is a small reward for keeping the receipts and manuals for
everything you ever buy ) A PIA almost not worth it, though. We have
a Price Pfister that started corroding where the aerator screws onto the
faucet, to the extent that the last threads on the neck came off. Got
on the net, gave them the scoop, got new neck and associated o ring.
Believe they charged for mailing, but don't recall.

I finally organized all my instruction manuals in a notebook with
transparent page protectors. Slip last page into the page protector and
it can be referenced without removing it from the book. Put the
warranty and receipts together in pocket inserts, so all stuff is in
same place, easy to find, and organized by type - large appliance, small
appliance, plumbing, phones, tv and stereo, etc. Got all the repair
tickets in same place. Very handy for resetting the time on the dang
cordless phone every time the power is off until we decided it deserved
to use the UPS.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Shaun Eli

I write the date I bought something, and which credit card I used, on
the owner's manual. I toss all the owner's manuals in a box.

It's getting to be a very crowded box, but at least I know where
everything is. And when I go to sell the house, having been organized
could be a selling point... you never know what might impress a buyer.

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for the Smarter Audience (sm)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
Shaun Eli wrote:
I write the date I bought something, and which credit card I used, on
the owner's manual. I toss all the owner's manuals in a box.

I do much the same, except its several file folders in a file drawer.
Folders are marked with catagories such as:

house appliances
kitchen appliances
tools
electronics
furniture

etc

And I staple the recipt to the cover opf the manual.

Posted to alt.home.repair
nospambob

Our experience with Price Pfister differs from yours. Bathroom sink
valve started dripping after about 2.5 years and went on their site
and got TWO mailings with parts but NO hint what to do with them.
First time response was a troubleshooting scheme but it wasn't clear
what to do with it (or to it!). Still dripping and NOT a happy
camper!

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:42:54 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

Mark wrote:
Looks like bad bonding; crackling of finish where dishcloth hung over
spout. Anyone else had this problem? Of course, no original docs to
even try for warranty.. /mark

There is a small reward for keeping the receipts and manuals for
everything you ever buy ) A PIA almost not worth it, though. We have
a Price Pfister that started corroding where the aerator screws onto the
faucet, to the extent that the last threads on the neck came off. Got
on the net, gave them the scoop, got new neck and associated o ring.
Believe they charged for mailing, but don't recall.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

"Shaun Eli" wrote
I write the date I bought something, and which credit card I used, on
the owner's manual. I toss all the owner's manuals in a box.

It's getting to be a very crowded box, but at least I know where
everything is. And when I go to sell the house, having been organized
could be a selling point... you never know what might impress a buyer.

I put all of our manuals, and there's quite a few of them, in one of the
drawers in the kitchen so they're easy to find.
Our house is now on the market and I believe the next owner will appreciate
it.
I'm also leaving a complete set of blueprints along with the permit package
and inspection schedules with the house too, maybe they'll come in handy if
the next owner ever wants to add on or remodel.
I also stashed a set of blueprints inside a large column in the dining room,
maybe someone will find them a hundred years from now. heh-heh